News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

QuoteMmmm...Nite Fly! Its on my list

I honestly don't think there is a better playing electric guitar than a Parker with a carbon fiber fretboard and stainless steel frets. It's effortless to play, you can get a super low action because of the precision with which it is built and I really like the tone and versatility of it. It's also really cool to have the ability to use the piezos on the bridge and/or the Seymour Duncan magnetic pickups at the same time - stereo output!  :icon_cool:

MicFarlow77

Hey Paul,

I am so not used to seeing pickup bezels on Parkers... did it come that way....Is that the way to Mojo's are done.....

That also leads to, is the pickup mounted to the Bezel or solid to the body?

It is a great looking guitar and I like the look of that Ibanez... I love the color....

Thanks,

Mick

syndromet

My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

mars_bringer_of_war

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on May 02, 2007, 12:31:32 PM
people ask why i use $1,000 guitars, insisting that its not about image, but rather the music you play...

news flash! : I DONT CARE.

im badass+my guitars are badass=sonic DESTRUCTION

its 90% about image, and you all know it.

how much do those strats go for?

Until you can't rely on image anymore, because you look downright silly running around in leopard-print spandex. :icon_lol: Then suddenly, it's ALL about the music, and you may find yourself pigeonholed into one narrow sphere of creativity. That is a lesson learned with time, take it to heart. Sure, you can still play your pointy guitars, why not? But to stand out, you have to stand up.
I will quietly resist.

Cliff Schecht

Quote from: MicFarlow77 on May 02, 2007, 04:42:24 PM
Hey Paul,

I am so not used to seeing pickup bezels on Parkers... did it come that way....Is that the way to Mojo's are done.....

It is a great looking guitar and I like the look of that Ibanez... I love the color....

Thanks,

Mick

It's cheaper to use the bezel deals I think, the Ibanez PGM 300 comes with direct mount pickups while the PGM 100 has the rings. It has absolutely no effect on tone but I think it's a more expensive alternative. This would explain why cheap guitars never have direct mounted pickups.

Red2112

Quote from: Paul Marossy on May 02, 2007, 03:12:53 PM
QuoteMmmm...Nite Fly! Its on my list

I honestly don't think there is a better playing electric guitar than a Parker with a carbon fiber fretboard and stainless steel frets. It's effortless to play, you can get a super low action because of the precision with which it is built and I really like the tone and versatility of it. It's also really cool to have the ability to use the piezos on the bridge and/or the Seymour Duncan magnetic pickups at the same time - stereo output!  :icon_cool:

I don't wanna brag, well I do... :icon_lol:  The Parker PM-20 Pro that I own, is the only guitar that I bought without trying it out first.  I ordered it at my local shop, didn't even try it when it got there, just made shure the neck was good, paid and took it home and since then I haven't looked back.  I have owned many guitars, more then 40, one for almost each year I have and I must say Parkers are great!

A bit hard to get used to at first, as the neck is very thin and fast, as well as the responce is very sensitive.  For the price, the PM-20 Pro is a very good guitar with out the extra cash of new pickups and hardware.  I would suggest any guitarist to try out a Parker, and if your on a tight budget, try the PM series.  If your not convinced, check out the Parker site "show us your Fly" all very happy, and some folks even have 10 of them!  It's like riding a Harley!  The Nite Fly is the next one on my list! BTW, I do like your Ibanez S470FM too, sweet!

Regards,

Mike and the Parker family  :)
Practice what you preach
http://www.myspace.com/fractalonemusic

Rattlehead

does anyone know how much will it cost to repaint my guitar? (telecaster)
the finish is really bad and the paint come off really easy.
i want just to put a clear coat on it and keep the wood shown.
and where can i do it?

SolderBoy

QuoteSolderboy - is a that a DIY build? 

Yep.

QuoteWhere'd you get the EB-0 p'up?  I'm thinking about one for a current build.  (Half because I want the sound, half because I want the chrome!)

Long story;  was working for a luthier a few months ago who planned to use ebo's for some prototypes basses that he had designed, so he had a box of these made, but when they came in, they sucked.  I spent some time getting them working (although they still weren't perfect).  We ran out of time and patience with them and ended up using other pickups, but he gave me one to mess around with at home.  I did similar mods to it that I had done to the others and used it in my new bass.  I've gigged with it for 2-3 weeks now, and It sounds great but the string balance was still not perfect!  So last week I did some more research on the original EBO p'ups and made one for myself that is more similar to the original.  I was able to re-use that huge chrome cover, but its a totally new pickup.  I'm happy so far, but I've only used it for teaching and practice at this stage - I get to gig with it tonight...

Have tried the repro ebo's at a few music shops and the US ones are much better sounding than the Korean ones so I don't think the cheap pickups are quite right.  Try ebay I guess, but if its a cheapy, be prepared to mess around with it...

alderbody

Here's my main Strat:

Warmoth wood(1pc alder/qs.AAA.Fl.maple+braz/bone.6105), WCR SR pickups, Callaham hardware, RS electrics.
Neck is tung-oiled and body is painted with a water-based finish.

Here's my Ex-1990 AmStd:

Converted to "vintage". Nitroed neck, klusons, bone, 6105, SD-SSL1, RS electrics, Callaham/Fender Hardware.

And my Epi 335:

All hardware replaced, bone nut, WCR Crossroads, RS electrics.

jlullo

that's a VERY nice looking black strat you've got there. 

alderbody

thanks!  ;)

it plays really good, too...

Antero

Carvin DC135.  Since the picture I've switched out the bridge humbucker for a Vintage Vibe humbucker-sized P90.  I've got a Danelectro DC3 and a Martin DM, too, but the Carvin is what I use for basically everything.  Amp is a Silvertone 1484, and the combination sounds pretty excellent.

Paul Marossy

QuoteHey Paul,

Thanks,

Mick

The Mojo Nitefly comes stock with the pickup rings. The pickup is mounted to the pickup rings AFAICT. The Ibanez is a very nice guitar, too, but it ain't near as easy to play as my Mojo Nitelfy. But it has the tone...

jayp5150

Here's mine (sorry for the grainy pic): '93 Am Std. Tele, Series 10 LP copy (wrinkle-paint-black), Dean Evo (set up for slide), Rogue 4 string Bass, old Kimberly (for slide), Rogue resonator (for slide), Peavey Wolfgang Special, Dean Exotica QSE.

The Tele has a Seymour Duncan Lil' 59 in it, and I hacked up that Kimberly to put in an old HB I had laying around. I wish I wouldn't have now (looking into it, found out they were produced by Teisco Del Ray, and although not valuable, it would've been cooler stock--I didn't know at the time. I was young and was told it was a "cheap old guitar." Besides, the neck is so warped, it was unplayable--that's actually why I got into slide lol), the Evo has all Carvin electronics and tuners, coil taps on the Wolf, the Series 10 has all the old Dean Evo stuff (that was my old slide guitar), and the bass has a built-in Bazz Fuss.

I guess that's it. The best part is coming up with a new answer every time my wife asks why I need "all those guitars"  ;D

Steben

Not into professional playing too much to spend a lot of money, but I do fancy those really nice strats and tele's.
Especially maple necks... :P
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

Rattlehead

1985 Fender Japanese Telecaster w/new vol pot, varitone, old seymour duncan bridge pickup, and the neck pickup isn't working for some reason.
shitty paint, but the guitar is in good condition
Fender hot rod deville 212 US made.
I also have a tech 21 sansamp gt2, and a marshall compressor

just so you see how bad the paint is (apperantly the last owner repainted the back of the guitar.
what can happen if i sand some spots? can it harm the guitar?

Steben

My strat project in good company with the kids  ;D (Febe, 7months, on the left, Robbe, 3.5,  on the right)
DIY adhesive paper for on furniture, "suburst" sprayed with white

• SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

alderbody

Quote from: Rattlehead on May 03, 2007, 03:48:59 PM
just so you see how bad the paint is (apperantly the last owner repainted the back of the guitar.
what can happen if i sand some spots? can it harm the guitar?

what is that under the black coat?...  is it a sticker or something?...    :o

If the paint is not nitro (it's quite likely to be poly), it might be very hard to remove it.

But an experienced luthier might be able to gently remove that extra coat(s) of paint...

You might be able to do it yourself with fine sandpapers and a lot of caution!

EDIT: that would require re-polishing the finish after you're done, though.  Better take it to a pro.

Gila_Crisis

cool guitars folks,
but now it's time for some lefthanded ones!

my Jacaranda JST-JL Custom (handmade in milan www.jacaranda.it)

Fender Strato Am Std 1996:

gez

Quote from: Rodgre on May 01, 2007, 10:40:11 AM
Quote from: sfr on May 01, 2007, 03:38:29 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/sfjoshua/PhotoAlbum3.html

http://homepage.mac.com/sfjoshua/PhotoAlbum4.html  (<- my best so far)

http://homepage.mac.com/sfjoshua/pinkguitar.jpg (<- my current "axe")

These are all DIY builds.  Nothing compared to the work I see over at the Projectguitar.com forums, but they get the job done.

I love that pink Supro style with the Jazzmaster trem! Gorgeous work! Very very impressive!

Roger

Dito, I love Supros (that original one earlier in the thread is pretty cool too)!

The 'SquireBird' has been updated to include a Tele PU and I've changed the knobs for chrome ones.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter