News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

I can feel the G.A.S coming...

I love Paul M's pink strat, it's simply beautiful.

Keep posting! I would have posted a pic of my guitar if only I had a camera, but imagine yourself a cherry red Epi SG with satin finish :)
I took myself some time to clean it just the other week so all chrome is shining and you can actually see the wood grain on the fretboard again...

/BN
"Rock 'n roll keeps you young, but you can only get away with that for so long. Eventually you become too old to stay young. And I think that's the point I reached" - David St. Hubbins

smnm

Liking this thread!  more from me  :D

family snapshot - Supro 1950s?, Airline 1960, Silvertone 1958:

another (Hagstrom /Futurama early 60s):

and, rare (Wandre, Italian, with alu neck, early 60s):

Mark Hammer

Some seriously serious covetting going on here.  It's like flipping through the all-glossy edition of Vintage Guitar magazine...but with bigger pictures.

Gilles C

My new ones:

And the old ones:

But my favorite these days (from the 1rst picture) is really this one.

Does it show that I've been building more guitars (Teles...) than guitar effects lately?...

Gilles

Paul Marossy

Why is it that us guitar players can't just have one or two guitars?!  :icon_redface: :icon_confused: :icon_eek: :icon_frown: :icon_neutral: :icon_razz: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_surprised: :icon_wink:

QSQCaito

Paul, I believe for the same reason you can't have only one distorsion/overdrive/fuzz/whatever. They just ain't the same. 1 guitar for every taste.. we have zillions of tastes :D It's addictive.

;)
D.A.C

Hanglow

I only had one guitar for about twelve years

But I want more..... ;D lots more  :icon_mrgreen:

Fuzzy-Train

Quote from: smnm on May 04, 2007, 08:37:37 AM

You lucky bastard! I want that Airline Town and Country (the one in the middle) soooo freakin' bad it hurts. It's even the color I want as well. :icon_sad:
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

BN

Quote from: Paul Marossy on May 04, 2007, 04:22:06 PM
Why is it that us guitar players can't just have one or two guitars?!  :icon_redface: :icon_confused: :icon_eek: :icon_frown: :icon_neutral: :icon_razz: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_surprised: :icon_wink:

Well, you see, it takes two to tango and I guess you'll need more if you wanna rock 'n' roll...  ::)
"Rock 'n roll keeps you young, but you can only get away with that for so long. Eventually you become too old to stay young. And I think that's the point I reached" - David St. Hubbins

Fuzzy-Train

Here are my guits & amps:

Epi vintage g400 stock, agile ST-802 with tex mex pups and a neck on switch, and my 8yr old washburn acoustic, my first guitar.

Fender blues junior with a few mods including presence knob, and my traynor YCV40T with my mini mass attenuator on top of it.

FX are left out until I can get my latest boxed up and painted.
THERE IS NO SIG.

Stuff I built!

Rattlehead

Quote from: NoNothing on May 04, 2007, 06:20:30 PM
Here are my guits & amps:

Epi vintage g400 stock, agile ST-802 with tex mex pups and a neck on switch, and my 8yr old washburn acoustic, my first guitar.

Fender blues junior with a few mods including presence knob, and my traynor YCV40T with my mini mass attenuator on top of it.

FX are left out until I can get my latest boxed up and painted.
how's the agile?

BN

Quote from: NoNothing on May 04, 2007, 06:20:30 PM

That's one handsome Epiphone you've got there NoNothing ;D

Did yours come with that black pup-selector? Mine was terribly orange but is now changed for a nice cream one.

/BN

burnt fingers

Quote from: Steben on May 03, 2007, 04:23:39 PM

My strat project in good company with the kids  ;D (Febe, 7months, on the left, Robbe, 3.5,  on the right)
DIY adhesive paper for on furniture, "suburst" sprayed with white

That's what life is all about right there. Kids,Guitars,and DIY.... 

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

Fuzzy-Train

Thanks for the kind words guys, and to answer your questions Rattlehead & BN:

The Agile is fantastic, and I find it much better then most of the MIM's I've tried. The wilkinson trem is super smooth, and it stays in tune very well. The neck is thicker then the MIM's (though thinner then the SRV profile on warmoth) but that doesn't bother me, the string strees sucked, and I replaced them with rollers, the pups were not bad, but not good enought to keep so I swapped them for some tex-mex. The body is a little thicker then most strats as well (about 1/16" thicker) and thus heavier, but that again doesn't bother... I kind of like heavier guitars anyways.

The epiphone had the original orange selector, but I thought is looked terrible so I just put a couple sprays of black paint on it. I don't like playing this one in the standing position though... the body is really light and the neck heavy so this is my sit down guitar. I think the bodies on this model are basswood and not mahog. though. The wood in the control cavity is really light compared to under the truss rod cover.... probably why it's soo light.
THERE IS NO SIG.

Stuff I built!

jlullo

smnm,
those are absolutely beautiful!  nice collection you've got there!

Giles,
is that one in the last pic a highway 1?

Gilles C

No, I built it myself.

Wilkinson bridge, GFS Repro 60 bridge pickup, now with a Fatbody neck pickup instead of the standard one.

White Blonde finish. She's my best build so far... She's hot.

Gilles

Hiwatt25

I can't believe I'm the only one with a non reverse.  The 135 was from a period in my life when I had a big man crush on Stone Gossard.  The Austin is a cheap knock off but not a bad little guitar, I'm not a huge les paul fan but wanted something that approximated one.  The tele has an actual 72 tele custom pickup in it that was given to me by Rex Kropff, I mention him by name because it's one of the coolest presents I've ever been given.  The bass actually "belongs" to my wife but she hasn't used it in a couple of years so, it's mine.

slacker

Here's another one of mine. A 1981 Ibanez Musician - aka "The Beast"   beautiful guitar weighs an absolute ton though.

FisTheGoon

Quote from: smnm on May 04, 2007, 08:37:37 AM

another (Hagstrom /Futurama early 60s):

and, rare (Wandre, Italian, with alu neck, early 60s):

Wow  that Airline 1960 a nice axe.Wish i had it.Such a rare guitar.With 3 pickups.WOW "drooling"