Total Newbie!

Started by WKDLee, September 16, 2003, 03:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WKDLee

Hey !
i want to build my own Distortion pedal to make my tone unique, i have no expirence with Electronics :(  but i still want to have a go, can some tell me the basics of what i need to know please?
like what Tools do i need?
What Parts do i need?
where can i get these parts?
how much will this project cost?
how long will it take me?

thanks alot! :D

Chris R

Keep an eye on the Sticky Post up top on the list called 'Only inexperienced builders check this out :-)'

Aron (the owner of this site) will be hosting a newbie session.  This will be very beneficial.

C

MartyB

Hello and welcome to Aron's forum!
  At the top of this page there are two great links: "DIY FAQ" and GEO FAQ".  I'd start with a read of both.  Also check out the threads recently started by two other newbies : "daevid" and "Joyeuse".  They are both good and are both in the last two pages of posts here.
8) MartyB

WKDLee

Does any one know a site that has a tutorial on how to make a distortion pedal.

thank you :D

WKDLee

RDV

gez

This should give you some ideas (scroll down for typical clipper circuits)

http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/ampovdrv.htm
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

petemoore

Looking through the Small Bear Site, and building the tweak-O
 The Lpb 1 is what the newbie group has on the agenda,  it has everything going for it and is an unbeatable first build:
 Low parts count
 Ez to access parts
 Few nodes
 Easy biasing
 Great Booster [I use ALL the time], [I have 2].
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

fretbuzz2003

I'm a newbie too. I recommend checking out www.generalguitargadgets.com. This is the best site I've found so far. They have schematics, part layouts (extremely helpful for inexperienced builders like ourselves), and instructions. You can even buy a PCB (printed circuit board) if you want. They have a lot of distortion projects too.