News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Greetings!

Started by edster, May 04, 2007, 07:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edster

Hi All - hope this is in the right place.

I'm new here, so I thought I'd take a sec to introduce myself. While I am new to this forum, I'm not exactly a noob. I've been in the guitar gear biz for about 20 years.

I started modding and repairing amps and pedals while in high school during the 80s and started doing it professionally when I graduated HS in '87. I went to school for electronics and started working at music stores as a guitar and amp tech while still in school. Until recently, I was a partner in a great little shop here in Fl with two of my best friends. I currently own/operate a musical service center where I do warranty work for many of the majors. I have several original products that I produce in a custom shop division of my service center. I make products that range from guitar efx/amps/cabs to integrated speaker arrays for churches. I am currently trying to nail down some possible production models. I've pretty much stayed local and will probably remain local for the foreseeable future.

Anywho... I prolly wont be around all that much, but I do look forward to participating here. If I can be of help to anyone here please feel free to call on me. I have tons of schematics and I've worked on just about everything at one point or another.

Ed

newbie builder

Ed-
Glad to have you on the forum! Sounds like you have some great experiences with electronics! Hope you like it here.
-Evan
//

Red2112

Hi Ed and welcome!

Aim much of a newbie here and with electronics, so can't help you much there.  All I can say is welcome to this nice forum and that I went to high school too in FL in the early 80´s.  Now living in Europe, but I do miss the states.  Hope you enjoy your stay here, and once again, welcome aboard!

Best regards,

Mike
Practice what you preach
http://www.myspace.com/fractalonemusic

The Tone God

Welcome to the forum! :)

Andrew

96ecss

Welcome aboard.

Dave

Pedal love

FisTheGoon

Welcome edster.
I'm a newbie.This forum a haven for noob like me wanting guides from all experience people. ;D

markm

Welcome Ed,
Enjoy the ride!  :icon_lol:
Would love to know whatcha have for schems??

aron

Welcome and thanks for joining the forum!

Aron

edster

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've been poking around a little.... you guys are definitely hardcore!   :icon_mrgreen:

Lots of great ideas here as well as the ambition to make 'em happen.

edster

Quote from: markm on May 05, 2007, 10:16:38 AM
Welcome Ed,
Enjoy the ride!  :icon_lol:
Would love to know whatcha have for schems??

looking around here, you guys pretty much have it covered when it comes to fx.

I have a lot of stuff that is only available to warranty/service centers. I have to be careful what I post though... I could lose my factory certs for sharing the wrong stuff on a forum. Email me if there is anything you're looking for specifically. I'd be happy to help out any way I can on an individual basis.

I also have [echo]The Giant Filing Cabinet of Doom[/echo] out in the back room that has lots of obscure stuff in hard copy. Don't go in there much but it's full of good stuff.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Even without actually posting official schematics, you will probably be able to give some very useful advice at times, along the lines of "what is the value of this charred resistor in my ubootamatic." Welcome!

edster

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave) on May 05, 2007, 09:40:49 PM
Even without actually posting official schematics, you will probably be able to give some very useful advice at times, along the lines of "what is the value of this charred resistor in my ubootamatic." Welcome!

Any time at all.

I can usually get permission to send someone a schematic. They just done want me posting them willy nilly all over the internet.

Arn C.

Welcome 'Edster' !

Peace!
Arn C.