News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

First name

Started by aron, May 11, 2007, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

I'm just gonna sit on my keister and make people guess! :icon_wink:

This is a nice thread, actually.  It has a very humanizing effect.  I feel like I'm meeting you all for the first time.  Sort of like the "new guy" being introduced around the office by their supervisor, shaking hands, etc.

Blues_Boy_4096

BILLYL

Aron-

Great idea -

Done

Bill

Hanglow

A good idea, especially if your handle is toss, like mine  :icon_mrgreen:

johngreene

I refuse to participate.
I started out with nothing... I still have most of it.

stm

shadowmaster

squidsquad

or...you know....old friends from my youthfull hippy days still call me Squid.

GibsonGM

+1
Guitar Mike from Maine here  ;)  Same last name as Meanderthal, actually!  And both of us masons; it's a strange world! 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

uncle_benny!

sfr

Nice.

Done -  I was just contemplating starting a new account because I felt silly having not my name up there.
sent from my orbital space station.

Dave_B

Help build our Wiki!

hobojoe

Hey why not, I think my username would lead people to believe that my name is joe

tommy.genes

OK, I finally took a minute to add mine. Because my screen name sounds like a real name, some may have thought it was my real name, except for the few people here I've bought stuff from.

Pointless story about the origins of the name: my friends had/sometimes still have a, um, let's call it a "parody" metal band called Skinny Dick and the Wranglers. Everybody in the band had to have a bluejeans-themed name like Levi, Osh Kosh, Gap etc. I did a few gigs with them on sampler and turntable, adding humorous (I thought) sound effects and bits of movie dialog (name the reference: "He hates these cans!"). I chose as my stage name Tommy Hilfiger, which was meant to be a social comment about consumer culture.  :icon_rolleyes: Ah, youth...

Anyhow, it morphed into Tommy Jeans and then tommy.genes, Audiogenetic Engineer, which is where it stands today.

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

solarplexus

Quote from: GibsonGM on May 15, 2007, 11:03:34 PM
+1
Guitar Mike from Maine here  ;)  Same last name as Meanderthal, actually!  And both of us masons; it's a strange world! 

Where in Maine ?
DIY Poser.

Arn C.

Where in N.B. ?

Peace!
Arn C.

solarplexus

DIY Poser.

BDuguay

Done.
I put in 'Brian' cuz that's what my folks Homer and Gloria named me.
B. for Brian

Morocotopo

If I told you I´d have to kill you.

Ok, Ok...you really want to know?

Bond.

James Bond.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Morocotopo

Izzy