OT: Source for acoustic bridge pins

Started by phillip, September 16, 2003, 05:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip

I'm looking for slotted bone bridge pins for my acoustic guitar with black or abalone dots.  So far the only ones that I've been able to locate are the unslotted ones (StewMac), or sites that don't have pictures or good descriptions of the bone bridge pins they sell.  Anyone know where to find these?

Phillip

BILLYL

Phillip-

Did you try Martin.  Check out their page.

BILL

phillip

Hi Bill.  I checked the Martin site and it looks like they only sell their standard composite plastic pins...although they do have a lot of different dot combinations.

Phillip

Ed G.

I've heard good things about tusq saddles and pins. Actually, with regard to the saddle, some like the clearer sound, and some don't.

bigdaddyjass

I've used the tusq saddle and loved it.  also, don't count out the brass bridge pins--i swear by them.  the strings will ring forever 8)

randy

Mike Burgundy

Try Stewart McDonald
http://www.stewmac.com/
I buy practically everything there.
hih

Ed G.

I've done some research on the brass pins, and I'd like to try them out. Some people like to put the brass pins on the unwound strings, but they say the wound strings lose some definition so they go with ebony or bone.
I just got a nice little acoustic, a Yamaha FGX-413SC, a really sweet acoustic guitar with a built in pickup and preamp. It sounds great, but I was thinking of upgrading the bridge saddle and pins.

Ed G.