Resonant filterbank idea (schem inside)

Started by Zero the hero, May 14, 2007, 05:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Erm......maybe I'm just missing something here but exactly what is the purpose of this filter bank? ???
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

grapefruit

The purpose is described in the patent. I was a bit unsure at first too. Something about making the guitar sound "non fatiguing" and introducing level and phase variations between harmonics. Wether it sounds any good I don't know....

Stew.

StephenGiles

Now if it was voltage controlled to perhaps allow a little modulation of each filter, not just one LFO but one per filter, it might get quite interesting.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Zero the hero

Thanks everyone for replying!!!
Right now I'm losing focus on what I'm reading, it's 1 A.M. and I had a bad day due to heavy working (50km by bike all around Milan was the less heavy part...).
I'll read all the thread from beginning tomorrow morning, then... TO THE BREADBOARD!

I started looking for resonant filters after having heard the Murf, I also want to do something like that pedal! Simon, please keep us informed about further progress!!!