EXCITED: First pedal that works on 1st try... 1 octavia??

Started by Craig V, September 16, 2003, 07:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig V

I can't belive it, this has never happended to me.  Now I can say I'm not a beginner anymore.

There is one thing, there is a cap that is supposed to be .001uf to ground, all I had was a .01uf.  What does this cap do and how did my change affect the sound?

Thank you very much.

aron

Which octavia is this? Congratulations!

Depends on where the cap is. Please give us a link to the schematic you used.

petemoore

If it's werking good [I got one going the other day] you might want to leave it looks to me that it rolls of lows after the emitter follower [first Q] using a larger value there would roll off lows more, if this is indeed the case...congrats I had to do some fair amt of debugging to mine!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Craig V

BILLYL

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Congrats.  And to get it going right out of the shoot!!!!!!!!!!!  

Now what are you going to build??

BILLY

Craig V

Now that I have played it more, it is quite bassy.  But I'll get the right value and save it for a rainy day to experiment with.  Other than that, it does sound great.

Next up is the Neovibe.  I have all the parts on the board already, except I forgot to order all of the transistors... DOH...  It will be waiting for the Q's for about 2 weeks for me to order and recieve the parts from SB.  I have a pretty strong feeling that that will not work on the first try, but not that I can't ever get it working.

http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com

Thank you for reading    :D  :D

phillip

Did you build the positive ground or negative ground version?  Did you make a PCB for it or did you point-to-point wire it on perfboard?

The Tyco was my first pedal too, although I didn't get it going on the first try.  Turns out I had the sleeve and tip connections of the stereo input jack reversed...d'oh!   :shock:

Phillip

http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com/

Ammscray

Quote from: Craig VNow that I have played it more, it is quite bassy.  But I'll get the right value and save it for a rainy day to experiment with.  Other than that, it does sound great.

You did it right if you got alot of bass, most people complain about lack of bass with octave-up circuits...the Tyco is the coolest IMO when it comes to Octavia circuits...it depends on what you're playing through too...don't play through a completely clean amp...the octavia needs some natural tube distortion to grab onto...

the RM version has a huge lack of bass IMO...

use MPS A18 and MPS 6519 in the Tyco circuit like the original if possible for best results...you'll get BOG right away!

Next up is the Neovibe.  I have all the parts on the board already, except I forgot to order all of the transistors... DOH...  It will be waiting for the Q's for about 2 weeks for me to order and recieve the parts from SB.  I have a pretty strong feeling that that will not work on the first try, but not that I can't ever get it working.

http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com

Thank you for reading    :D  :D
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

Craig V

It was a negative ground version.  I only use battery power for my pedals.  I built it on a PCB from the FuzzCentral site.  

Thank you for having that site.  I have built an NPN and PNP Fuzz Face from your PCB's also.  I love how clear your layouts are.  Keep up the good work  8)