News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

1. Introduction

Started by gaussmarkov, May 29, 2007, 08:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaussmarkov

O.K.  :icon_biggrin:  My first installment is the introduction.

~arph

Cool thanks, but maybe you should make it a little more obvious where the links are in your text..(like underline it in the power section piece) It took me a while to see I could actually click on the word introduction..
Thanks anyway

gaussmarkov

goramiir

gauss on your sight you list the gain pot as 500k ra and here you show it as 50k ra which is the correct pot to use for gain?

JebemMajke

Hi, i don't have 1N914 diodes nor 1N4148. With which can i replace this diode? What sort of traits are desirable from a diode? I measured some of these that i have with a multimeter and most of them have 0.7 v. So can i use any diode with 0.7v?

Tacoboy

Haven't tried this project, but I assume you can try other types of diodes. You can try with LED's instead.
Let's have phun!

Olijakup

Maybe a stupid question, but are the volts not important on the capacitors?

JebemMajke

Can i use TL061cp instead?

reveal

Quote from: goramiir on August 08, 2010, 08:04:58 PM
gauss on your sight you list the gain pot as 500k ra and here you show it as 50k ra which is the correct pot to use for gain?
According to his sight and his comments on it, it's 500kRA not 50kRA

NakedApe

Quote from: JebemMajke on May 12, 2011, 07:39:32 PM
Hi, i don't have 1N914 diodes nor 1N4148. With which can i replace this diode? What sort of traits are desirable from a diode? I measured some of these that i have with a multimeter and most of them have 0.7 v. So can i use any diode with 0.7v?

You can use pretty much any diode, even led's work.  The important parameter is the forward voltage.  Basically, at a lower forward voltage the diode will clip the signal earlier, and thus there will be more distortion, at a higher forward voltage more of the signal gets through before it clips.  If you use a diode with a higher forward voltage, the signal will be much louder and also cleaner, if you use a diode with a smalled forward voltage the signal will be quieter but you will get a much more pronounced distortion effect. 
Hope this helps!
What are you, some kind of wizard?