Triangle muff - not working.. help please.

Started by Beros, May 31, 2007, 03:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beros

Hi.

So i just biult Andrew Carell's version of the Triangle Big Muff. Everything seems to be correct but it won't work.
Here's the layout: http://files.homepagemodules.de/b30938/f101t7429p3079529n1.gif
And yeah, I used 100k pots instead of 10k, because I read somewhere that 100k pots was what were in the original triangle muffs.

It just makes an ugly growl if i pluck the strings REALLY hard.
I'm still new to pedal building, so some help would be appreceated.
Can anyone spot any errors in the layout?
Man ska inte ligga med lik

AL

Hi Beros,

You really haven't given much information. So, I would recommend building RG's Audio Probe. There is some information on it via the "Debugging Page" link at the top of the page. It's very simple, uses just a few parts and has saved me (and others) countless hours of debugging. It's invaluable.

AL

Beros

Quote from: AL on May 31, 2007, 03:33:04 PM
Hi Beros,

You really haven't given much information. So, I would recommend building RG's Audio Probe. There is some information on it via the "Debugging Page" link at the top of the page. It's very simple, uses just a few parts and has saved me (and others) countless hours of debugging. It's invaluable.

AL

That probe thing is really smart! Too bad I'm all out of spare cables, but I'll definateley build myself one as soon as possible... But right now I guess I just have to debug it the hard way..
Man ska inte ligga med lik

petemoore

There is some information on it via the "Debugging Page"
  That helps get to the bottom of it, gives you/us something to work with.
  Probably a mis-whatever and a transistor which is not in operational bias, or something else..voltages read will nail it down most likely.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

aron