|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 09:09:51 AM
972509 Posts in 103659 Topics by 33083 Members
Latest Member: EfarmosmenosStokos
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  Projects  |  Beginner Project  |  This thing stinkin RAWKS!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This thing stinkin RAWKS!!  (Read 3437 times)
cheeb

Cory S.

This thing stinkin RAWKS!!
« on: June 03, 2007, 04:01:52 PM »

Best booster I've heard yet. This is my number one favorite pedal on my board. And that's saying a lot. Gives a gut-thumpin, make-you-slap-grammaw-down-the-stairs kick in the teeth when cranked. I play a lot of country/southern rock and this thing makes me want to get down and kick my leg and throw a hoedown out in the barn. BUILD IT. It'll only take like an hour.
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

Re: This thing stinkin RAWKS!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 10:19:08 PM »

Alright! Gus will love to read this!
markm

Mark M.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 08:05:14 AM »

I think this perhaps one THE BEST Boosters out there.
Very well done!  Cool
cab42

Carsten B. CPH, Denmark

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »

I can't agree more!

Aron, it was a great choice of effect for a beginner project. Not strange that you get hooked on building.

My NPN-boost never leaves my board. It sits there in its badly painted green box with misaligned jacks. The build quality stinks and there is about three meters of wire inside.

I made a hole too much in the box, but it is now used for switching between two transistors (2N2222 and OC140).

Regards

Carsten

markm

Mark M.

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 09:21:04 AM »

I can't agree more!

Aron, it was a great choice of effect for a beginner project. Not strange that you get hooked on building.

My NPN-boost never leaves my board. It sits there in its badly painted green box with misaligned jacks. The build quality stinks and there is about three meters of wire inside.

I made a hole too much in the box, but it is now used for switching between two transistors (2N2222 and OC140).

Regards

Carsten

I love the sound of the 2N2222A metal can tranny in this circuit!
cheeb

Cory S.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 12:45:38 PM »

I got so excited about it, I built my friend one. When I told him about it he was like, "Why do I need a booster? I have an overdrive."

Poor guy.
jonathan perez

Jonathan E. Perez-Sacramento CA

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 12:55:45 PM »

hmm...i think ill have to give it a whack later.

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 04:23:32 PM »

>I got so excited about it, I built my friend one. When I told him about it he was like, "Why do I need a booster? I have an overdrive."

That's the other side of DIY. YEAH, YOU have the better tone ..... let the other guy (who doesn't want to listen), keep going out and buying and buying when a little tweak would solve everything.
cab42

Carsten B. CPH, Denmark

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 01:21:34 PM »

I love the sound of the 2N2222A metal can tranny in this circuit!

I prefer the 2N2222 as well, I just happened to have a spare hole, a transistor and a switch. Sometimes I get carried away and make things switchable just because I can.

I got so excited about it, I built my friend one. When I told him about it he was like, "Why do I need a booster? I have an overdrive."

Poor guy.

I had the exact opposite view when I started out, I had an overdrive, but wanted something extra. Then I found this great place and I learned it was called a booster.

Regards

Carsten
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: