Boss True Bypass Pics Inside ... Just for fun !

Started by Melanhead, June 07, 2007, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melanhead

Just for fun I wanted to see if it could be done ...

Well it can, at least with an SD-1, and probably many more mono Boss pedals ...

I won't get into details as each pedal will be different, but most of you here should be able to figure it out with a schematic ;)

some pics:

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/melanhead/TBPBoss3
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/melanhead/TPBBoss4

A few Notes:

The hole for the 3PDT to poke through the top must be larger than the head of the switch for the compartment to open.

The battery can still be used but you need to drill a new hole for, and re-solder, the leads ...

The battery cover will flap around as the spring must be removed for this to work ...

There's a piece of foam inside the battery compartment that I took out as well so the switch stuck out a bit more ...

Lotsa fun ...

I did some mods to this one and also bypassed the input buffer ...

markm

MartyMart

That's cool Bob !
I did it once with a small alpha DPDT and kept the footswitch plate intact, it was not quite TB but
was wired like the Marshall pedals - still sounded better though !!
A mate has it but miles away so I dont have a photo, did it in about 2002 I think.
I must try it again .....
MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

solarplexus

with the right washers and height adjustment, you can put a 3PDT in the switch hole and use the pedal normally.  You just have to make sure that it's PERFECTLY in place, even a 0.01mm can stop the switch from getting back high enough to be able to switch back when it's pressed.  I did it once with a DS-1 shell I had and a Dist + build I had made.  Worked great but took me about 2 hours just to set the switch right.

DIY Poser.

Melanhead

@ markm ...thanks, just sanded the old text off and put on a window decal ...

@ MartyMart and solarplexus ... I guess it would be a bit more stealth to leave the footplate intact but a lot more fun to drill holes in it  :icon_mrgreen:

Paul Marossy

Melanhead

Soeren_DK

Did you move the pictures to an other place?

Cheers
Soren
...I remember nothing from the accident... DOOH
Check theese pictures

stoneattic

Quote from: Soeren_DK on September 02, 2009, 10:59:58 AM
Did you move the pictures to an other place?

Cheers
Soren

I stumbled on the pics while researching TBing Boss pedals: