Sunface Board clean adjustment knob

Started by Easywider, June 10, 2007, 03:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easywider

Received a board from Mike & just had a question . board is set up for the clean adjustment knob . was wondering if the circuit would work without one . can i just leave it out , or should i run jumper wires !

Thanks ,

Chris

petemoore

Hopefully someone just knows the details one would need to know to figure that out?
  Makes me curious what the pot described as 'clean adj. knob' actually does.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Easywider

Just bumping this one up , wondering if someone can help me !

Thanks ,

Chris

petemoore

board is set up for the clean adjustment knob . was wondering if the circuit would work without one .
  Yes, set the knob where you want it.
  Read the resistance[s that pot provided at that setting.
  Replace the resistance[s?] the pot provided at that setting with fixed resistors.
  can i just leave it out , or should i run jumper wires !
  Let me ask the 8 ball...ok it say's 'not very likely' [I had to shake it a few times].
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

hairyandy

Quote from: petemoore on June 11, 2007, 10:09:28 AM
  can i just leave it out , or should i run jumper wires !
  Let me ask the 8 ball...ok it say's 'not very likely' [I had to shake it a few times].

Damn you Pete!  I just sprayed milk and Honey Nut Cheerios all over my laptop...that was brilliant.

Andy
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

analogmike

My 8 ball says just hook the input wire up to the wiper of where the trim pot would go :)

Easier than running a jumper.

Have fun!
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

Easywider

Mike , Still trying to make 'er work..... just making sure of where the trimpot wiper pad is located on the sunface board, having problems with Q1's voltage , & wonder if this might have something to do with it !

Thanks ,

Chris

Electric Warrior

what exactly is the clean adjustment knob?

Easywider

just bumping this one up , wondering if anyone can help !  ;D

Thanks ,

Chris