Gainpot, where to "implantate"?

Started by Oliver, September 17, 2003, 05:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Hi All,

after my Holydays i am Back and directly have a question....  :)

I recovered an Error in my Circuits, as i everytime soldered my Transistors in the wrong direction.
Its cool, but the LPB works with it, but sounds a bit different and You can control the Gain with an 100K Pot at C from the Transistor in Series with the 10K Resistor. (it doesn't work with the Transistor in right direction!!)

OK, now, as i know, how to put the Transistor in, i played around with some DiodeClipping like the Electra Distortion.

I made an Electra Circuit, but used a 4.7M Resistor for the 2.2M One from C to B, used a 43K Resistor instead the 47K one at C to 9V+ and a 390Ohm Resistor instead the 680Ohm one from E to Ground.
Than i brought two 1N914 Diodes from C to B of the Tranny.
I used a 600hfe BC549C Tranny.

Its very loud and clips just like a high Gain Overdrive.

Now i want to bring a GainPot in the Circuit and dont know, where to place it.

Any Suggestions from You, Guys??

Thanx alot

Oliver :D
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

ExpAnonColin

Well, I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the electra distortion circuit, but it would be easy to add a volume pot onto the end, of course... in terms of a gain pot, you could try putting a pot working as a switch between the output and the clipping diodes.  That'd be the best I can say not knowing the circuit...

-Colin

jrc4558

Dear Experimentalist, there's nothing strange in such behavior of this cirquit. Hence ther placement of the diodes it is more a big muff section rather than electra.
For Gain control - either a potentiometer brom C to B instead of a fixed resistor, or a volume control on the input.

Oliver

Quote from: Constantin NecrasovDear Experimentalist, there's nothing strange in such behavior of this cirquit. Hence ther placement of the diodes it is more a big muff section rather than electra.
For Gain control - either a potentiometer brom C to B instead of a fixed resistor, or a volume control on the input.

Hi,

and Thank You !!
I'll try that...

and for those who like to look at the Schematic of the Electra:
http://www.geocities.com/j4_student/electra.gif

bye

Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>