News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Vero ?

Started by JasonG, June 27, 2007, 12:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonG

Ok this thing has been on the bread board too long. I was going to make a vero layout ( I need to learn sometime).
  I did a search for some guidlines on how to make a vero layout. Didnt find anything. 
I did find this layout for this circuit ( and many others)

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/Cab42s-layouts/GuyatoneZoom

Its unvearified though. Is there a vearified one out there?

Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

gaussmarkov

why yes.  :icon_biggrin:  http://gaussmarkov.net/index.php?page=layouts#dod250   :icon_wink:  edit:  but it's not vero.  is vero the key thing?  this one could be perfboard as well.

JasonG

Thanks!
I wish was makeing pcbs but I cant invest time/money in that right now. Btw that tutorial on negitive feed back was great! It cleared up some things I never understud about it.
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

gaussmarkov

ok.  here's a quick vero layout.  it's verified because of the software that i am using (eagle) which ensures that the connections are exactly the same as on the breadboard layout (which is verified).  :icon_wink:  maybe you can change it for the components that you actually used.  if you are willing to stand D2 on end, you can easily save a row.

this may not look like a vero layout, but it is.  the blue strips are the vero strips.  cut where there are blanks.  the red strips are the jumpers.  i also used red for some of the hookup wire.  the rest of the ground connections are thin yellow lines.  you can hook those up to the board or directly to one of the jacks' ground lugs.

Quote from: JasonG on June 27, 2007, 12:29:33 AM
Thanks!
I wish was makeing pcbs but I cant invest time/money in that right now. Btw that tutorial on negitive feed back was great! It cleared up some things I never understud about it.

super.  you are welcome. :icon_cool:

JasonG

Ok, just to double check its 10X18 right (w the diode standing up)?

gaussmarkov

Quote from: JasonG on June 28, 2007, 08:45:32 PM
Ok, just to double check its 10X18 right (w the diode standing up)?

yes, that's what i figure, too.

JasonG

Well I am back. After cutting out a smaller patch from a vero board I realized I cut the board wrong. There were still enough holes and room so I still used it but tacked on a few more jumpers. Its sounding pretty good now. I am thinking of makeing an encloure out of some brass and eml I have.

evilpaul