Rocktave Divider

Started by Samuel, September 17, 2003, 08:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samuel

SO I have the parts incoming, and before I start I just wanted to see if anybody here has built one of these things, and if there are any "gotchas" to watch out for. I'll be using the schem / pcb from JD's site, with the TL074 subbed in.

Tx!

kent

I did.  Mine works fine with no real "gotcha's".  I put mine in a big four gang J-box cause JD's layout is rather large.  That works out OK because there's lots of knobs anyway.  The octave down works better when you're playing upper register stuff.

cheers,
kent

Samuel

OK I searched briefly and didn't find anything, but is there some more info on Dean Haz.'s PCB for the Rocktave? I wanna know what all the mods do!

jsleep

The best mod (that Anderton published) is the switching to different intervals.  This mod is built right into Dean's board.  I haven't built it and I don't know of any other mods.

JD
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

Samuel

OK so I finished my build and I'm getting the "only makes sound when you slam the guitar strings" effect. Any good ideas on where to start the debugging process? I've never been very good at this...

Also the bypass setup doesn't seem to be working. Is this potentially related or should I just jumper the pads for it and set it up true-bypass?