Tap Temp circit for an Anolog Delay????

Started by gijiggy, June 27, 2007, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gijiggy

Im building this analog delay, and was wondering if there are any schematics for a tap temp circit that I can incorporate in this delay pedal?? Any help would be amazing!

Thanks,
Aaron

gijiggy

Thank you for the reply... i searched the site for tap tempo and nothing came up. Maybe I did something wrong. Thank you for the links and I be sure to check my search before I post next time!

Aaron

The Tone God

I posted the search criteria so throw that into the search engine and see if you get the same results. Use of the search function can become a very powerful tool once you know how to use it.

Andrew

calculating_infinity

Quote from: gijiggy on June 27, 2007, 06:14:54 PM
Thank you for the reply... i searched the site for tap tempo and nothing came up. Maybe I did something wrong. Thank you for the links and I be sure to check my search before I post next time!

Aaron

The search can be picky at times it seems but just try several variations.  For instance I want to look for boss ds-2 or something and it wont show a post with "ds-2's" kind of strange but I noticed that the last time I searched for DS-2 mods. 

gijiggy

I found a few things in the search area.... but it still seems that there are no tap tempo circuits floating around out there in the DIY world. Any ideas, or did I just miss it completely??

Aaron

RaceDriver205

Well the DIY tap-tempo has never come to be. No one has posted anywhere a working tap-tempo circuit (that I know of) that can be incorporated into a delay, because its fairly complex. You need to be able to program AVR (or other) microcontrollers, and you will need digital potentiometers. But if you have these two things, you will be able to do it.

The Tone God

Making the tap tempo is not the hard part. It is the interfacing to the particular circuit. The problem is there is no universal clock circuit used in effects thus a common solution is pretty much impossible. I can make a tap tempo for a particular circuit in a matter of minutes but it would only work for the circuit I designed it for and be useless for any other circuit. This being DIY we tend to be very heterogeneous with our circuits.

Andrew

gijiggy

I completely understand! But thus is not beyond me... I will beat the tap temp mystery circuit!! I've got this guy that works with my dad at Fox 4 Tv and he is a guiness when it comes to circuits and micro controllers! He designs controllers like crazy for Fox, so this is right up his ally!

Aaron

R.G.

Kewl!! That's what we all need - a guiness!
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

O