spray on bedliner

Started by runmikeyrun, June 27, 2007, 07:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runmikeyrun

picked up a can.  Haven't tried it on enclosures but sprayed down all my expanded metal speaker grilles and man what a nice product!  A big can and a little goes a long way because it goes on thick when you spray it.  I'm going to hit an enclosure with it soon.  One coat doesn't seem super durable but two and three is pretty thick and strong.  Way stronger than paint and won't chip.

Only problem is- not sure how i would do the lettering.  Maybe polish the enclosure, lay down a piece of tape the same size as an inkjet decal or sticker, then spray, remove tape, put down sticker/decal?  Sounds good to me!
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Barcode80

i would etch the lettering first, then mask it and spray on the liner.

runmikeyrun

Bassist for Foul Spirits

stobiepole

It's great stuff. I've used it on a couple of boxes...I used an old Dymo tape labeller (the kind that embosses the plastic tape) for labelling, which looked pretty good, in a retro way.

I've thought about painting on top of the stuff, but haven't tried it yet.

Chris

runmikeyrun

yeah i use the dymo sometimes too, you're correct- with the right type of enclosure and pedal it fits well, kind of an experimental-mad scientist-homemade 70s unit vibe.
Bassist for Foul Spirits

Barcode80

i've also had good experience with color copying those dymo labels and printing to decal stock. then you get the look plus you can clear coat for durability. you also eventually build a good library of "feaux dymo" labels for controls and such.

dpresley58

Can this stuff be sprayed on thick enough to be used for the no-skid on the bottom of the box?
Little time to do it right. Always time to do it over.

stobiepole

I'd say yes, you could use it on the pedal as a non-slip base. One of the other nice things about it is that you can easily repair the stuff - just spray more on...

There are some Dymo-inspired fonts around that were popular in the nineties, along with lots of other distressed-style typefaces inspired by bad photocopies and various obsolete technologies (I still have a Kron labeller - anybody else remember them?) I prefer the real thing though - just a bit more random and eccentric.

You can always paint over a Dymo label as well. The raised lettering tends to uncover itself in interesting ways.

Chris

ranchak

Here's a pic of a pedal that I built that has the commercially applied bed liner on it. The pedal is a two channel version of the Guv'nor.

petemoore

Bedliner product looks good on there !
  Dual Govn'r..cool !
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jonathan perez

now to buy some for my truck...
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

MetalGod

what is bedliner? - don't think it's a product we have over here in the UK   ???