R. G.'s Book, and Chinese (Germanium) For Lunch

Started by smallbearelec, June 30, 2007, 11:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Violent5

Sweet!  I've been checking everyday for his book.  I just ordered my copy!

markm

Me too!
After working with him on the Vibrato Project (Vibra-Tone), I felt I owed it to myself!  :D

Chuck

96ecss

QSQCaito

It was discussed that there was no way to pdf it and buy it, right?? Foreigners might lose this book :(
D.A.C

R.G.

It was discussed. There is no way, for reasons I listed.

I apologize again, but the dishonest folks who would simply copy it and pass it around make it harder on the honest people. I wish it were different, because it would be much easier for me to sell them by pdf or ebook. But I can't.

However, Small Bear ships all over the world. And it is possible to ship this by international priority for US$11 pretty much anywhere in the world. That arrives in about 2-4 days world wide, and it is ... probably ... below the customs-tax limit in most countries. Many countries have no-customs tax on books as well, if it's not under the monetary limit for customs. I've tried to make sure that it's not impossible to get internationally.

I don't think that non-USA people can't get it; it's a bit slower and a little more costly, for which I apologize again.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

PerroGrande

I just ordered my copy a few minutes ago!!  Can't wait for it to get here...   ;D

Grats on the book, R.G.  I hope it does very well.

QSQCaito

Hey, you made me remind that!

CD's and books don't pay customs in Argentina..

It'll pass as a book right? Although it might not look as a regular hard cover book(am I right?)

In that case.. how many copies are still left :D?
D.A.C

smallbearelec

My shopping cart charges by weight, $13.50 for the first pound to Argentina. I will ship in a Priority Mail envelope and mark it as a book if need be in order to get it past Customs. If you know others in B.A. who want copies, please do get a joint order together and you can save a few dollars in postage.

Regards
SD

Chuck

Quote from: QSQCaito on June 30, 2007, 02:52:30 PM
Hey, you made me remind that!

CD's and books don't pay customs in Argentina..

It'll pass as a book right? Although it might not look as a regular hard cover book(am I right?)

In that case.. how many copies are still left :D?

Not only will it pass as a book -- It is a book.

R.G.

Yeah - it is a book. It's a printed-by-a-real-printer softcover book, exactly like you'd buy in a bookstore, glossy covers and all.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

jlullo

why can't i find it on the smallbear site?  i see it listed in the updates, but then can't find it anywhere in the inventory

Violent5

Look under books and publications in Small Bears stock list.

jlullo

hahah i'm a moron.  I was actually looking for a book entitled "Magnum Opus"  :P

markm

Quote from: jlullo on June 30, 2007, 08:48:54 PM
hahah i'm a moron.  I was actually looking for a book entitled "Magnum Opus"  :P

That's the Sequel.....it's not out yet.
It contains the Vibra-Tone Project though!!  :icon_lol:

robkeeler

Just ordered one.....Now I can finally stop bugging RG at the NAMM shows......hmmmm now I have to com up with something for Austin...mwhahahaha

96ecss

Just Got Mine! Autographed too. I can't wait to get started.

Dave

R.G.

QuoteJust Got Mine! Autographed too. I can't wait to get started.
Cool!

As you note, that's the third edition. I always have trouble translating from R.G.-English to real-people-English, so if there are places which are confusing or need better wording, or are just flat wrong, please yell.

By the way, the entire thing except the covers was typeset and laid out in Microsoft Word. That was so difficult that I'll never do that again. Part of the proceeds from this will go to getting a copy of a real publishing layout program so the next one is simpler.

And there is a next one in the works. I'm working in fits and starts on "The Art of Distortion", a moderately comprehensive (within the limits of FX building) discussion of what distortion is, how to understand it, and how to get good distortion, as well as what the commercial pedals we know from history did. Kind of a "Technology of Distortion Pedals" on steroids. But it's going to take a while. It's not going to be next month. Maybe next year.
R.G.