Behringer GDI 21 SIMPLE-Boost-Mods

Started by snyder80, July 02, 2007, 12:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snyder80

Maybe this aint no news for some readers, but there is a dead-easy mod, that enhances the tonal variation (not realy the quality, though it could sound better through your amp, dunno):
You can have

1. A British mode, that is much more cleaner und not that compressed, by twiddling the AMP selector inbetween the tweed and british mode. So when u use the britisch modified mode, it gives you some sort of boost to the stock and compressed british mode. If u like the sound, open the back and solder 2 wires to bottom LEFT pinouts from the AMP-switch and the two other lugs to a jack with a switching option. That way the "boost" can be footcontrolled.

2. A real boosting option for all the three Sound-modes:
Twiddle the MOD-selctor in between the CLN and HI G-mode. It sounds much more open and loder than the HI-G (as the CLN MODE is, too).If u want it to be footswitchable, solder two wires to the bottom RIGHT pinouts of the MOD-selector and to a jack with swithing option like mentioned above.

Hope that helps someone....

PS: Maybe someone know some other "hotspots" to maybe add a Mid-Poti or other mods ... (best would be to get rid of the british harshness)

alex frias

Oh, Gosh...
You are the StratPickupSwitcherManiacUpToThePedal?
Pagan and happy!

snyder80

no, why do you ask for ???

By the way, it realy sounds fuller and more open on this clone.
Maybe it works on the original Sansamp GT2 - and could already be a well known "Mod"

teddybear

alex frias

Well, I've just tested it and... CONGRATULATIONS!!!
It works just the way you described it.
Ingenuous.
Pagan and happy!

snyder80

@ alex frias

Nice that you like it. Its realy simple but give more fun...

@ teddybeer  ;D

Well i cant find a way to up the pics in the reply. So here is a diagram thing and how to:

just unsrew the backplate. No need to get the pcb out of the box.

The board looks like this  ----------------------------------
                                     I                                         I
                                     I                                         I
                                     I    G     M       M        A        I
                                     I    N      I        O        M       I
                                     I    D     C        D        P        I
                                     I________________________I

Except for the griundlift each "selector" has a horizontal switch with 8!! legs and looks like this:

*1           *5

*2           *6
*3           *7
*4           *8

For Mod1 get a cable from *3 to *4 or at any spdt/dpdt switch  with *3 to the middle and *4 to the upper or lower pin on the switch

#------>NOTHING

#-----> Pin *3

#------>Pin *4   

or to a simple Linejack:

/  I              I
                /    I              I
              /      I              I 
           *3      I              I
    normally     I________I
     Ground           I
                          I
                         *4 (usuallay Signal/TIP on jacks)                 

For the Boost-Mod just use *7 and *8 from the Mod-Switching-Back instead of ITS *3 and *4. Everything else is the same. Maybe you might add a pulldown resistor against a short ceackle when switching from the NewBritish-Mod to the original one. Also you have the same sound for new british even if u are in Tweed or british. Sad that it doesnt work in Califrnian mode too, but maybe tweakable....
Hope that helped u...