TL072 compares TLC2262

Started by lynessmy, July 05, 2007, 06:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynessmy

Had anyone ever compare the electrical charateristic of TL072 to TLC2262?
What is the thing make 2262 produce lower noise ?

other than 072, What other chip is comparable to 2262?

StephenGiles

At 9v there will be no difference, but at + & - 15v possibly, but probably not losing any sleep over!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Nikolay

2262 will burn over +-15 volts :)

2262 is cmos opamp - different than 072 witch is opamp based over jfet input.

072 have more noice

see other TLC chips from TI  There are more noisless than 2262.

Good analog - something between 072 and ne5532 but with jfet input is opa2134.

lynessmy

Does that mean NE5532 is more quite thatn 2262?
5532 is more common here as oppose to 2262.

boyersdad

The 5532 has a much lower input impedance than the TL072 though does it not?
I like amps etc.

Nikolay

5532 is a BCJ input, not FET, and yes, it have lower imput impedance. Actually there is no problem to use any opamp for input guitar buffer. For pieso preamp must be used fet input operational. Also for instrument I recommendet to use opamps with FETs inputs. Also fet opamps have smaller DC offest.

bajaman

TLC2272 is the Cmos (all fet internal) rail to rail "version" of the TL072 dual op amp. - low noise device
TLC2262 is the Cmos (all fet internal) rail to rail "version" of the TL062 dual op amp. - low current drain device.
Like the TL062 the TLC2262 has a much slower (slew rate) high frequency power gain, and can sound quite mushy when driven hard.
This feature is exploited by TECH 21 of NYC in their SANS AMP series, for a supposedly better MARSHALL and MESA sound.
Cheers
Steve

David

Quote from: Nikolay on July 10, 2007, 03:30:48 AM
5532 is a BCJ input, not FET, and yes, it have lower imput impedance. Actually there is no problem to use any opamp for input guitar buffer. For pieso preamp must be used fet input operational. Also for instrument I recommendet to use opamps with FETs inputs. Also fet opamps have smaller DC offest.

I think you meant to refer to the 5532 as a BJT input, didn't you?

PeterJ

Has anyone tried a 5532 as the op-amp in a TS-type overdrive. Just curious what the lower input impedance would do, compared to the more typical substitutes for a 4558.
Duct tape and particle board!

StephenGiles

But at 9v, it makes no noticeable difference.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".