wanna add tone to ruby

Started by teddybear, July 07, 2007, 12:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddybear

grolschie

demonstar

Have you already built the ruby? If not check out the noisy cricket. It's a more developed version. If you have already built it maybe search on this forum again because I'm fairly sure this has been discussed quite a bit in the past. Take a look at the noisy cricket because even if your going to mod a ready built ruby, you may find the noisy cricket gives you some ideas.

I fancy the look of the noisy cricket for sometime in the near future. If you can't find the noisy cricket let me know and I'll locate it for you but I'm sure a search on "noisy cricket"+beavis+audio on google should bring it up.
"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"  Words of Albert Einstein

teddybear

could the noisy criket add to another fx?

demonstar

I don't understand what you mean but even if I did I'm sorry, I don't have the "know-how" to tell you how to do it.
"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut"  Words of Albert Einstein

teddybear

examples like ruby, dist+, dod250 and thunderchief didn't had tone control.
and i wanna add tone control for the fx or amp.

any confused?  ;)

demonstar

From my understanding you could add a passive eq using caps to make a filter for certain frequencies but because this lowers the signal level I believe you'd need to boost/ buffer the signal before or after the eq stage. I can't promise thats correct but i think thats right so maybe someone more advanced could help teddybear out here. If this would work I don't see why tou couldn't lift the tone stack from the noisy cricket.

GREEN FUZ

I added a Big Muff Tone Circuit to a Fuzz Face. I Believe there is a variation called the Stupidly Wonderful Tone Circuit or something like that. I got it from here.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/wiki/index.php?title=Simplemods#Simple.2C_Easy_Mods.2FTips_.26_Techniques

You can basically splice it into any circuit. I seem to remember there being an idiot proof diagram somewhere but I can`t find it now. If you can read schematics you should be able to make sense of it.
Scroll down a bit.

teddybear

that's the point. thx green fuz. you are the man.