News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Whammy Remote via MIDI?

Started by Jaicen_solo, July 10, 2007, 09:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarky2003

Quote from: galad on July 26, 2007, 05:03:24 AM
but the whammidi is mainly for channel program selection and bypassing right?.. or does it have sequencing or any other effects?

when i first saw it, the screen was off so i thought it was some sort of ribbon controller on a box...lol
In fact, the whammidi is for the selection of the differents presets of the Whammy pedal, by cliking on the 2 switches UP and DOWN.The LCD screen displays the current preset of the whammy. Even with no external light, in live conditions, you can change preset, and see immediatly on the screen the current preset. The third switch is for the true bypass loop built in the whammidi. You can place the Whammy onto that loope to get a real bypass, with no tone sucking!

No sequencing or ohter effects for the moment, only a MIDI controller.

P.S: i'm making english pages on my web site  :icon_wink:

Austin73

Just thought I'd bump this one up as it s a cool topic.

IS ANYBODY GETTING ANYWHERE WITH THIS? I think you are missing a cool point with this one.

Maybe Paul Perry could jump in and save us all. You need something like Pauls CV sequencer but just with midi instead and also you could use it for any fx sort of like a digital z vex or vanishing point.

Please keep up the project

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Jaicen_solo

I did make a little progress with some programming on a PIC, however I don't really have the time to get any further. I'm considering  using the vanishing point to directly control the LDR of a whammy, should be significantly easier ;)

Chuck

Jaicen_solo

Of course, that was the first place I went! :)

I've been a member over there for three years, it's a great community to be a part of.

galad

hi, it's been a while and i haven't worked on my program but since my last post, my program is prettymuch finished
or finished as much as i wanted it to be

i might make some videos and put them up somewhere for u guys to see

obviosly it's not a box or unit but still...works pretty good

MoltenVoltage

Hi everyone,

We just joined this forum today and found this thread asking about Whammy 4 MIDI arpeggiator controls.

We released a super-compact MIDI controller designed for the Whammy a couple months ago:
http://www.moltenvoltage.com/molten_midi.html

Molten MIDI has a removable 8-pin microcontroller in a socket, and comes pre-programmed with ten Whammy 4 settings, including an arpeggiator.

I also spent 17 hours yesterday programming a new chip that does 9 new tricks including a number of new arpeggios.  It will be released in a week or so.

Let us know if you have any questions.

We are excited to be a part of this forum!
MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!

tommy.genes

Cool stuff! Welcome.

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

MoltenVoltage

We just posted a revised page for Molten MIDI which has a link to the new video for the "Cheapo Tricks" chip which includes a number of arpeggiators:

http://www.moltenvoltage.com/molten_midi.html

Here is the direct link to the youtube vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URITK8T_7u8

We'd love to hear your feedback!
MoltenVoltage.com for PedalSync audio control chips - make programmable and MIDI-controlled analog pedals!

Franky

Hi guys!

I've managed to control my Whammy using an Arduino (and the MIDI library). You've got to know that presets on the left (harmony) have reversed PC numbers (the manual is wrong: PC 9 is "Active 3rdUp/2ndUp", and PC 34 is "Bypass OctUp/OctDwn".

For everything else, it works.. The middle-position CC value seems to be around 185 (but it depends on how you calibrated the pedal).

Anyway, it's so cool to remotely control the Whammy, with a sequencer you can make weird and nice sounds...  ;D

galad

hey, sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but i just launched my kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1249038429/whamminator

whamminator is now live on kickstarter!
check it out, thanks