Teflon insulated pre-bond?

Started by moro, July 11, 2007, 11:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moro

Does such a thing exist? I have some Teflon insulated wire that I got on eBay, which is really nice because the Teflon doesn't shrink at all. I also have the Smallbear pre-bond wire which is really easy to work with, but the PVC does shrink a bit.

I was hoping I could have both features in one wire.

John Lyons

I'm no wire authority but I haven't seen any other pre bonded wire around other than Small bear.
Now if I could get pre bonded teflon wire..I'd buy that!!

Teflon shielded wire is great as well because you never melt through the insulation soldering the braid. I was lucky to find a full reel of that for $5!!

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

moro

Yeah, when I use the teflon, I long for the pre-bond and when I use the pre-bond, I long for the teflon.

I'm kind of leaning toward the teflon at this point, if I have to choose.

rmo

John Lyons

Pre bonded wire is stranded wire that has been tinned with solder. So it's kind of like a cross between solid core and stranded. It bends and stays where you put it but is flexable and won't break as easy as solid core wire. Super easy to solder because it's already tinned.

The link Ranchak posted above is who I've bought teflon wire from as well.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

ranchak

The guy on eBay is really nice and doesn't gouge you on shipping. I have bought alot of wire from him and everything has been top quality. I just ordered some shielded coax and twisted pairs from him.

moro

Quote from: ranchak on July 12, 2007, 02:34:47 PM
I buy my wire from this guy, really nice stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290133909306&rd=1&rd=1

Yeah, that's the same guy I ordered from. Super nice guy. There were some problems with my shipment and he made things right without any fuss.

I'm about to place another order, since I need some more colors.

Has anyone tried the kapton / teflon wire?

ranchak

I just bought some, I might get some time over the weekend to try it.

moro

Quote from: ranchak on July 13, 2007, 12:42:00 AM
I just bought some, I might get some time over the weekend to try it.

Great. Let us know how it goes.