TECH21 Sansamp BassDriver DI (or something like that) *SCHEM*

Started by Shakal, July 22, 2007, 10:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernardduur

Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

George Giblet

To get rid of the mid notch: put the R10 and C10 values back how they were in the original schematic and delete parts C15, C16, R18, R21.  These parts serve to mimic a typical bass amp EQ for the DI in the original.  For a mid control you can use any mid control you like. Place it before or after the bass/treble controls.    The Tech21 TRI-AC shows an example.  Unfortunately for the Bass unit adding the mid control will cause the signal to invert.

tommy.genes

While we're talking about this, can we identify what the various tone-shaping portions of the circuit are? Here are the ones I can recognize:

1. One just before the presence control including R3, R14, R15, C5, C6 and C7. This is a LPF yes?

2. The presence control is a freq-dependent gain (top boost?) by virtue of C11

3. One just before / including U2:C, another LPF?

4. The mid-notch George just described above with R18, R21, C15 and C16

5. U2:D has some tone tweaking, possibly in conjunction with #4?

6. U1:C has C22, which would make gain freq-dependent, yes?

7 . U1:D is obviously the TREBLE and BASS controls

Thanks,
-- Don P. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

George Giblet

> One just before the presence control including R3, R14, R15, C5, C6 and C7. This is a LPF yes?

Oh, forgot about that bit.   It's a kind of HPF *BUT* it also has a whoping deep notch!  To get rid of the notch pull R3 (100k).

You could try pulling that instead of, or as well as the R18, R21, C15 and C16 stuff.

[Ed: I might add that the plot I gave with the slight mid-notch  only shows the effect of R18 through C16 (and one of the low-pass filters).]

Shakal

OH yeah, but that's what I said, you don't need the "mid pot" to have mids.

Shakal

How do I make the VCC+ and VCC- of the TL074? 9V and GND? Or do I have to use 9V and -9V ?

12afael

I don´t see a big improvemet using a +- supply (but you can use two 9V in serie to have more headroom). just connect vcc to 9V and Vcc- to ground , remember VB is VCC/2-

Shakal

Ok, thanks.

So... No losses using GND as Vcc- ?

Vb it's on the schem, no problem with that. I just need to know about the Vcc- and Vcc+ cuz I'm making the layout.

12afael

I´m making a layout too it is 90 routed I just need to put the values and make some order with the names and values.
if you want to wait a couple of days it will be available here.

Shakal

REALLY??  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Man!!! I will aprecciate that! I was killing myself on the layout!

Thanks!!

funkbass187

so i don't start with my own version for no reason, would that be a perf, etch or vero layout?
"some men see things as they are and ask why... i dream things that never were and ask 'Y NOT'"

Shakal

funkbass187

i prefer vero, but i guess this circuit might compel me to enter the world of etching.
"some men see things as they are and ask why... i dream things that never were and ask 'Y NOT'"

12afael

Shakal

Just curious...

Do you use Fibergrass boards? How do you etch it? How do you drill it?

12afael

I have a question about C33, it is near a specific op amp??? it don´t seems to be bias or supply filter(220uF is enough) maybe is a decoupling cap for a specific op amp in that case 47u is a very high value...

I use standard boards is not easy get fiberglass boards here, I use a laser printer and glossy paper and I have a big drill . my arm is crying out for a little one...   

Shakal

So, laser print + glossy paper really works huh...

Well.. I don't see any C33, even if I had I would not be able to answer, maybe George would.

12afael

the pcb that I´m routing is for the triangular ear schematic using 2 quad op amps and two dual op amps . if you don´t want the balanced output you can save one op amp for other project.

12afael

ok here is the pcb , part list and schematic all in one file trying to be like FP :D

http://download.yousendit.com/4A8AEB7F6152F83B
and
plexilandia.googlepages.com

this is an UNTESTED board, if you try it and it have an error please post it here.

enjoy
12afael

michal_k

thanks a milion, i'm gonna build and test it as soon as possible.