News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Transistor

Started by dannyg, July 24, 2007, 06:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyg

Hey guys, Just got told about here and was told that it's going to help me out a bit.

Basically, I started building my own pedal and in the process I broke a transistor ( I should of used sockets, I know). To be precise it was a 2N3906. The only problem, I can't get a replacement from somewhere local because Maplin doesn't seem to stock them. I originally ordered the parts from Germany and I don't see it being efficient for me to pay the delivery charges just for one resistor and two sockets.

I hope you guys can help me out here and give me some advice on what to do.

Cheers.

Danny.

CGDARK

You can replace it with: 2N4403 or 2N2907. Check if you can find one of those.

CG

Toney

2n3906 is an extremely common PNP silicon.
You won't gave any problems subbing a european type.
Oh hang on I think I ordered some BC types for lower HFE in a green ringer... I'll tell you the part number....
ok...BC557A there you go!
Ask for that at Maplin or just tell them you want a 3906sub.

col

Are you UK? Maplin stock 2N3906 I'm sure. I have bought them in the past. Otherwise Rapid or RSH. If you're really struggling PM me and I'll send you something similar.
Col

dannyg

Somebody recommened another sub and maplins have them so i'll probably try that. Thanks for the info and help guys.

MetalGod

pretty sure I've bought 2N3906s from Maplins too.  check ebay - I got 100 of them recently for something stupid like £3.00

8)

col

They are definately still in the current Maplins catalogue at 17p each.
Col