Switch to reverse order of pedals?

Started by BillyB, August 01, 2007, 02:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben N

Tranceracer's aplication is very cool, and yes, I'd love to see a schemo.
I can think of one other application for an order-switcher, between an overdrive and compressor. Not to raise the unsettled controversy about this, for those, like me, who sometimes use a comp after OD to even out the volume without reducing touch sensitivity, nice for a combined rhythm/lead setting, but also like the violiny lead tone you can get by feeding the comp into the OD. I'm not sure how well that would work in practice, though, since the settings on the compressor would probably be quite different for each application. Still, something like a Route 66 with an order switch could be cool.
Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Mark Hammer

There is a universe of possible "fliparounds" that people would like to try out, or perhaps owe it to themselves to try out.  In some instances, there are two specific types of effect that one would prefer to have housed in one chassis, perhaps for space economy on a pedalboard, but in the grand scheme of things, it would seem like an outboard general "loop flipper" might be what some folks want.

It could be tricky with a 1590BB, but imagine 3 switches, whether two stomps and a toggle or three stomps.  Stomp 1 selects loop 1, stomp 2 selects loop 2, and switch 3 flips the serial order of loops 1 and 2.  This would score you: A -> B,  B -> A, A alone, and B alone.  A person could use it to select/bypass or flip individual effects OR clusters of them.  That's actually a pretty handy switcher, now that I think of it.

tec

I just finished work on a dual output loop ordering pedal that allows 14 combinations of loop order (+ bypass) for 4 loops. :icon_twisted: You can see it at the bottom of this pic: [URL"http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1137/920550369_60b83aa0f5_b.jpg"]My FX[/URL]  It does not shut off any of the loops like a traditional bypass looper, it just rearranges their sequence. It's very useful for experimenting with my EHX pedals.

A>B>C>D>output 1
A>B>D>C>output 1
B>A>D>C>output 1
B>A>C>D>output 1
C>D>A>B>output 1
C>D>B>A>output 1
D>C>A>B>output 1
D>C>B>A>output 1
A>B>output 1 and C>D>output 2
A>B>output 1 and D>C>output 2
B>A>output 1 and C>D>output 2
B>A>output 1 and D>C>output 2
A>B>output 1 and A>B>output 2
B>A>output 1 and B>A>output 2
Bypass

oskar

tranceracer

Here's some pics of the abba / tru bypass box and a revised PC board I just did.  The new PC board includes a dual input relay. 

The box is not labeled but I added the labels on the image to ID all the jacks and components on the box.

PC Board

-tR

CGDARK

Quote from: tec on August 02, 2007, 02:22:38 PM
I just finished work on a dual output loop ordering pedal that allows 14 combinations of loop order (+ bypass) for 4 loops. :icon_twisted: You can see it at the bottom of this pic: [URL"http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1137/920550369_60b83aa0f5_b.jpg"]My FX[/URL]  It does not shut off any of the loops like a traditional bypass looper, it just rearranges their sequence. It's very useful for experimenting with my EHX pedals.

Electro Harmonix fan? ???

Nice collection. :o

CG ;D

goosonique

<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

MadMac

Whoo THATS NICE!!!! ;D

Is that thing going commercial?  or will you share it with us? :icon_lol:

Higgie

This thread has been very informative. I want to flip the order of my Roland Jet Phaser and Mutron III, as I love both filter into phaser, and vice versa.

Thanks guys.

jsleep

Don't forget about zero the Hero, he has something called a Prawn  (effects order switcher) that I think is based on the geofex stuff, but it has confirmed parts to use and is tested/confirmed to work.  I don't remember his site address.

JD
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

Ben N

Tranceracer, that is very nice.

Hi, JD, good to "see" you.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER