Monster Mutant

Started by petemoore, September 17, 2003, 10:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I figured out that my DMM's actin' funny...better off working without it in this case...
 I adjusted the trims by ear [I couldn't get them to read below 9-10 volts on the faulty meter] and got it fired and tuned up in no time.
 It seems to provide some particularly awesome Fuzzes.
 I was getting that chewy harmonic thing going...really hits the spot for me.
 I'm very pleased so far with the results, also it is fairly quiet and seems quite stable. I haven't tried it through a big amp yet.
 Thanks for trying to help W.G. but while I was depending on a faulty DMM, I was beyond help...I gotta take a longer look at that thing adn or replace it...doghh...
 Anyway finding the 'combination' [trimpots settings] that unlocks the ckt wasn't that hard to do by ear...once I got gating signals it was easy to find the sweet spots...I think one trim was shutoff and using the [faulty] DMM method [to get collector somewhere near 1/2 supply er whatever] wasn't helping
 I have a Ge [dont' know about if it's 'right'...sounds kool, low output...needs a better matched set of Ge's probly] and an Si Tonebender, and now the Mutant Tonebender [Q1 is 3904, Q2 is mpf102, Q3 is 2N7000], hafta say I'm liking these TB's!!! BOth TB's using the Si's and Fet's are very nice!!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

WGTP

I spent way to much time trying all the different combo's of transistors possible.  Had a lot of fun and came up with some hot riffs.  I have thought about incorporating some of the more recent Fuzz Face mods into it, but haven't gotten to it yet.  Monster Tone.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames