Passive Effects loop

Started by DLR Guitarist, August 20, 2007, 06:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLR Guitarist

I'm new here.  I've been looking all over for a diagram or schematic for a passive FX loop.  I would like to run my Phase 90 in // so that only part of the signal is effected before being recombined into the next effect.  I was looking at Jazz bass wiring and came up with an idea.  I would like to keep this passive since I've maxed out my available power.

I only drew the leads.  I realize that the circuit will have to be grounded.  Is this something that will work the way I want without loosing signal volume?  Thanks for any help you can give me.  In case you have other suggestions to make, my setup is:

Guitar> amp> (FX Loop(series)) Envelope Filter, Boss Super Chorus, Phase 90, Delay, Booster for solos> Back to Amp

aron

> I would like to run my Phase 90 in // so that only part of the signal is effected before being recombined into the next effect.

I don't understand what the above means?

Do you mean you just want to switch in/out a bunch of effects?

Or do you want something like this?

http://www.singlecoil.com/tb-strip/tbstrip.html

DLR Guitarist

Sorry.  I would like to run the Phase 90 in parallel.  I would like the output of the chorus to be split, part of the signal going to the Phase 90, part passing unaffected.  They would be recombined before passing on to the next pedal (Part phased, part not).  The Chorus pedal has stereo outputs, but I'm afraid that using this feature to acomplish what I want would overload the input of the delay after being comined...  Does that make sense?

Pushtone

It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

tommy.genes

Dave Boggs at http://www.loooper.com said that his blend knobs were passive - the 9VDC supply was for powering LEDs only, but I've never seen one in person and unfortunately he's not making them anymore.

Otherwise, the least active (but not entirely passive) blend circuit I've ever seen is Sean M's 90% B-Blender. It would seem that you need at least one active component to keep the blend path from becoming a feedback path. Not that a feedback path is necessarily a bad thing, but it's not what you are looking for in this case.

Maybe somebody else here knows: can you force an AC audio signal to only flow in one direction without the use of an active component?

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

DLR Guitarist

Thanks for all the help here.  its looking like I might have to get another daisy chain...  which is not really a bad thing,  just room for four more pedals...