The most important things to remember when painting your stompbox....

Started by Dragonfly, August 27, 2007, 12:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Don't hang it up outside when there are dark clouds about, or when it is very hot and humid.........been there!!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

petey twofinger

watch for massive insects ( mothra ) in the work area when shutting down for the evening to let the 1/2 inch of clear cure ...

better yet , use a small box or something to cover it to shield for dust , monkey bats , flyin chiggers .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

tone seeker

Something about the smell of clear coat, reaIly brings the bugs in! Especially automotive base coat, clear coat clear!
Nothing like a big mosquito, right in the middle of a beautiful paint job! If your careful, you can remove them, and
sometimes save you some paint work. A trick I've used, is get a piece of masking tape, wrap it with the
sticky side out around your finger, and very carefully, touch the bug with the tape. If the clear coat, or paint
is still wet enough, you can get the bug out. It's not 100 percent though. The real trick is touching only the bug,
not the paint, and you can lift it out.

davent

To prep the enclosure i sand no finer then 220grit, clean with acetone, spray self etching primer to cover, usually a few very light coats, and  then after the proper waiting period BIN sealing/primer which is a heavy bodied easy to sand coat, to ensure things are smooth before moving onto colour acrylic paints.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg