how do you guys avoid the fumes

Started by stopstopsmile, September 05, 2007, 08:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawn

I just use my ceiling fan on full speed and a desktop fan at full sleep that blows across my soldering area. No more fumes. I tell you what though, heating ammonium persulfate for etching can seriously stink up a place. If you ever consider heating (which took me literally 5 minutes to etch 2 boards) use a LOT of ventilation!

GonzoFonts

I HvaVe bene slOdrIeng fr* yaeErs adn hvae nveeRr sfuFreEd ayN il#l sdie efFecxts f&om inhAliGn teh fu@eMs.

Teh bottom%e lNie Si yuo n!Eede do'nte wRr$oy aBuot Itt.

GonOntsFzo

darron

Quote from: Toney on September 05, 2007, 09:47:52 AM
Way to go!!!

Or... the simple method.
I like to set up a card table on the balcony of my apartment and (weather permitting) solder against a gentle breeze.
Bit of a bitch finding dropped components though...

I live in Melbourne Australia. It's a lot colder than you might imagine!

weather permitting in melbourne? just wait 30 mins and the weather's completely different!
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

calculating_infinity

Man, im third world.  I have to work in a small bathroom with the fan next to the window. 

Simon Owen

Open a window and hold your breath when the solder touches the iron. Remember to breath again after you have wiped the iron on the sponge.

twangquack

Quote from: Simon Owen on September 06, 2007, 03:56:44 AM
Open a window and hold your breath when the solder touches the iron. Remember to breath again after you have wiped the iron on the sponge.

This is my method, too. It's low-tech and inexpensive.

MartyMart

I find that smoking when soldering helps !! ....... then you don't notice the extra solder smoke  :icon_mrgreen:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

newfish

Avoid?

Sorry - having trouble with this concept.  Quite like the smell - like Pertol and Paint I suppose.

I tend to just leave the window open though, just to be on the safe side.

:icon_lol:
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.