TS-808 vs Guyatone OD-2 Help

Started by Rayman, September 05, 2007, 08:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayman

I traced the Guyatone OD-2 trying to understand the difference between that and a TS-808.  One of the only differences I found was that the OD-2 .047u cap and 4.7k resistor leg off the op-amp loop goes to ground rather than to Vr like a TS-808.  Should this make any difference in the sound of the circuit???

grolschie

Quote from: Rayman on September 05, 2007, 08:29:55 PM
I traced the Guyatone OD-2 trying to understand the difference between that and a TS-808.  One of the only differences I found was that the OD-2 .047u cap and 4.7k resistor leg off the op-amp loop goes to ground rather than to Vr like a TS-808.  Should this make any difference in the sound of the circuit???

Why trace, when Godlyke support will simply email you the factory schematic. The OD-2 has no tone knob either. Their new pedal the OD-2+ has a few extra goodies.

Rayman

ouch, wish I would have known that, thanks.  Does anybody know what the affect will be by taking the loop res/cap leg to ground instead of to Vr?

slacker

Quote from: Rayman on September 06, 2007, 08:22:16 AM
Does anybody know what the affect will be by taking the loop res/cap leg to ground instead of to Vr?

It shouldn't make any audible difference.

abrakain

Hi, can you please send me the Guyatone OD2 schematic? just read your very old post, hope you still have got it.
Thanks

lethargytartare

Quote from: abrakain on January 20, 2016, 09:09:36 AM
Hi, can you please send me the Guyatone OD2 schematic? just read your very old post, hope you still have got it.
Thanks

Did you read any of the replies, notably the one where it was pointed out that you can get the schematic directly from Godlyke?