PCB Manufactures

Started by glasstone, September 06, 2007, 04:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glasstone

Hey Every.

Any knows where to go to if I would like to have made alot of PCB with silkscreen.

best place on WWW

zyxwyvu

bent

I just put a order at www.futurlec.com yesterday,
so far they send me a e-mail to correct few errors i made....tomorrow or monday i send it back...and we'll
see....

i'll keep you inform...

bent
Long live the music.....

The Tone God

What number would you call "alot" ?

Andrew

R.G.

And another flower blooms...
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

soulsonic

Yeah....
It feels crowded.

FWIW, the best deal in PC boards is to have them made in China. You can get a couple hundred for cheap - pay a little extra and they'll stuff them for you too. Of course you have to know who to talk to....  Try looking on Google for China PCB manufacture, I'm sure a few dozen pages will pop up. If you can get a good deal set up with a factory there, you're golden.
Check out my NEW DIY site - http://solgrind.wordpress.com

R.G.

QuoteIf you can get a good deal set up with a factory there, you're golden.
Yep.

But set up a bad deal and you get fleeced.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

soulsonic

Quote from: R.G. on September 06, 2007, 10:32:45 PM
QuoteIf you can get a good deal set up with a factory there, you're golden.
Yep.

But set up a bad deal and you get fleeced.

Oh, absolutely. I know a certain manufacturer who gets everything shipped straight from the factories in China and they regularly get shipped incorrect components and/or components that are of such low quality they can't be used. And I don't think they do anything about it - just eat it. All of a sudden that great deal isn't so great. The worst part is probably the overall low quality of what's even considered average. People expect everything from China to be cheap - but some things should be expensive no matter where they're made, and when you demand these expensive items be as cheap as possible you're gonna end up with a crate full of garbage you can't use, because the representatives from the factory don't want to lose your business, so they figure out a way to do it at the price you're demanding - so you get stuck with junk. In the case of some "distributors", you have to wonder if the components were even procured legitimately.

It really turns into an ugly thing because there are many Chinese facilities that are capable of exemplary craftsmanship, but that quality comes at a price, and it's a price few are willing to pay for a Chinese-made product; so, it gets swept aside for the cheaper inferior product. But the cheap parts have a high cost too - a human cost; it's really sad that some people only care about the $$$$$$.

burningwater

Just got a pedal with a red pcb in it. Looks like really good quality. Anyone know where to get those made? Id want low numbers, maybe 10 or 20.

smallbearelec

Quote from: burningwater on September 07, 2007, 02:39:44 AM
Just got a pedal with a red pcb in it. Looks like really good quality. Anyone know where to get those made? Id want low numbers, maybe 10 or 20.

Realistically, no factory in the Orient can help you with that. Or maybe the way to put it is that it will cost you the same $$ for 10 pieces as for 10 thousand. Those shops want large orders in order to justify the cost of artwork, punches, drill setup, etc.

One domestic company that I have dealt with is Advanced Printed Circuits: Absolutely super quality, and they will do small lots, but they are expensive. Check out www.4pcb.com.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Red and blue PCBs only APPEAR to be higher quality, because they are rarer.
Like blonds & redheads.
honestly, there is nothing - this side of aerospace - better than the 'standard' FG4.
If you want to cheat, though, you can have your PCB made by Futurlec & specify red resist! (yes, it really is an option.)

hobojoe

So are there actually different color boards or is it just the solder resist that colors them?  I don't think they look higher quality I just think they look cool and I would definitely spend a little extra if there was such thing as red boards just to make my builds look a little cooler

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Yes, some boards are a different color 'all the way through'. must be a dye in the epoxy.
And you are right, it looks cool! Suprising, anyway.

soulsonic

I once got a blue board in a Radio Shack PCB kit.

evilpaul

Quote from: glasstone on September 06, 2007, 04:40:11 PM
Hey Every.

Any knows where to go to if I would like to have made alot of PCB with silkscreen.

best place on WWW

Lady Ada has put up a great guide to web-based PCB manufacturers who do small quantities.

http://www.ladyada.net/library/pcb/manufacturers.html

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Thanks for that review link evilpaul......
this has to be a high point: http://www.ladyada.net/rant/2007/03/x0xb0x-in-circuit-cellar/ How rude is that :icon_eek: !!!!!!!