Eagle users look this way....

Started by Papa_lazerous, September 06, 2007, 10:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaussmarkov

Quote from: Dave_B on September 08, 2007, 07:46:01 PM
Quote from: gaussmarkov on September 08, 2007, 06:50:24 PM
did you change the libraries or just use DRC Restring? 
I change the libraries.  Once I figure out what DNC Restring is, I may do that.   :)

this thread has turned into a little eagle tutorial, so i'll add an explanation.  you can always resize all the pads on a layout using the DRC (design rule check). 

• first, type in "drc<enter>" or click on the DRC button at the bottom of the tool bar (usually on the left).  a mutlitab window opens. 
  • click on "Restring" and
  • replace the "Min" and "Max" entries for Pads/Bottom with 25mil (or whatever you find you like). 
  • also replace Vias/outer with 25mil.  then click on the "Apply" button.

now all your pads will be bigger.  you can "Cancel" to exit the window.  or "Check" to actually make sure your board satisfies default design rules (like required distances between traces).

I end up drilling part of it away.  It makes it easier for me to solder.  The bits I use (from drillbit city) are much sharper than the Hobby Haven bits.   I just need a big enough "hole" for the bit to find it.

cool.  :icon_cool:

Quote from: gaussmarkov
Quote from: Dave_B on September 08, 2007, 06:24:53 PM
I did draw up a VTL5C* opto if anyone needs it.
how about adding it to the gm libraries with your description attached? :icon_biggrin:
Sure.  Give me a chance to create a "laying down" version of it and I can add it to your stuff.  I have it in a separate "opto" library right now, but it can go in the diode library if that makes more sense.

super.  whatever you like.