Wiring diagram for looper switching pedal, like a loop-master type pedal

Started by FuzzOff, November 17, 2007, 05:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzzOff

I want to build a simple 4 loop with tuner out pedal. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows how it should all be wired up? Thx.

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Austin73

if you want something simple you need to build a a/b box which will give you your tuner mute then feed it into a dual loop pedal then feed that into another dual loop pedal

Try searching any site I know when I built mine I used the musikding as the have wiring diagrams for their kits.

You just need to wire it so that the AB box has one input and AB out then feed that into a 3PDT switch (if you want LED)

If you think of the swithes as 1 to 9 from top left to bottom right

each loop is

1 - fx send 2 - fx return

4 main out 5 main in

7 bridged with 8

so you do four of those for the loops with each main in out connected to the next.

If your struggling try the search as lots of people have asked questions before.

Any problems email me

Aus

P.S don't fall out with RG he is GOD round here and he's VERY helpfull with the technical stuff his website is GEOFX if you fancy a look
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Austin73

I do have some wiring diagrams I can either email  you or send you on cd with some other stuff if your in the UK

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

petemoore

I want to build a simple 4 loop with tuner out pedal.
 Well I'm trying to sort out the 'quad hamburger' order.
   "Simple" and '4 loop" in the same phrase...hmmm
 The switching isn't going to be exactly simple unless I'm missing a very simple solution.
 If you have 4 loops in a row, it's as simple as true bypassing each one, and series chaining them, this way you can have 1, 2, 3, or 4 loops all looped at the same time or separate, but you'll have to keep track of the switch positions, and to go from L1 only to L2 only would require: '1 'doublestomp=2 switches' or..2 stomps, one to turn L1 to bypass, the other to enable L2.
 OT: An appealing [because of switching capability], or respulsive [because it isn't simple], alternative is *electronic switching...weigh in the appleal/respulse factors to decide how OT you think *it is....
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

CGDARK

Quote from: Austin73 on November 18, 2007, 08:16:31 AM
P.S don't fall out with RG he is GOD round here and he's VERY helpfull with the technical stuff his website is GEOFX if you fancy a look

Maybe he is not GOD, but he is very helpful. He helped me a lot back in 1996 when I was a newbie. Maybe he doesn't remember, but I do.

CG ;D

Austin73

truemaybe he is somebody else because when I'm shouting Jesus Christ when it don't work he comes over to help! lol

Aus

Sorry RG

FuzzOff

Thanks for the responses. I think I found what I'm looking for in this site:

http://www.singlecoil.com/tb-strip/tbstrip.html

And for what it's worth, I subscribe to the Golden Rule when dealing with others. I have met plenty of "gods" in different industries, the most successful ones are always cordial and remember that every human being is a potential customer. I searched and all the looper posts I located were about building delay looper pedals. I asked a pretty simple question after searching, and got a snarky reply from the local "deity." Maybe he's just trying to be the next Mike Fuller, the John McEnroe of the FX world. If so, great job. You're well on your way.

R.G.

Actually I'm not trying to be either of those. You hit me at a time when I'd had a few two many people pressing me to do work for them for free.

Perhaps it's proof of my humanity that when I've had a bad day I get bitchy. In any case, I apologize.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

FuzzOff

I can relate to that. Everybody has a moment and I really appreciate the apology. I know I'm not a regular here, though I've had an account for a few years. So it may seem like the guy just coming in to ask questions, but I'm getting into mods a little more these days and this site is awesome (as is yours.) Longtime lurker hoping to have enough free time to become a contributor. regards, FuzzOff

Austin73

Glad you got what you needed although did try to help.

Sorry to you and RG for setting of a heated debate, was just trying to point out RG is a VERY good guy with too many years experience for us to understand. Yes he was having a bad day which is actually unusual for him bvut glad we are all friends now.

Also if your into Mods we can always use a few more ideas this side even if its circuit bending

Aus