the Lovepedal 2 Watt Plexi Combo

Started by Dr Ron, September 12, 2007, 10:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Ron

It's a battery powered effects pedal with what looks like a Celestion speaker.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5554863023390018771

You can see inside the box at the beginning of the video, and it looks extremely sparse, without a circuit board.
I'm wondering if this is a simple transistor amp.

Does anyone know if there's a similar circuit for DIY?

the_random_hero

I wouldn't be surprised if it was based around the LM386. Check out the Noisy Cricket, Little Gem or Ruby amps - they will all give you the same results.
Completed Projects - Modded DS1, The Stiffy, Toaster Ruby, Octobooster Mk. II, Pedal Power Supply

wampcat1

Dr. Ron, you'd be suprised to know just HOW MANY boutique builders are taking ideas from this board and selling them. That's all I can say about that... Not starting a flame war...

Keep in mind that being able to SELL a pedal does not necessarily mean one has to be original. ;)

Not saying that Sean is doing these things of course... ;)

bw

soulsonic

2 Watts suggests an LM380; so does the two 9v batteries. It could be something else, but that's what jumps into mind first. Mark Hammer has an amp design like that - can't say whether it sounds anything the same though.
The speaker looks like a Weber.
Check out my NEW DIY site - http://solgrind.wordpress.com

g3rmanium

Quote from: the_random_hero on September 12, 2007, 09:42:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was based around the LM386.

He has been using the LM386 in the Black Magic before. And since the Black Magic "circuit" was also used in his high gain 1/2 W amp, I guess both 1/2 W amps are also LM386-based.
Call me Johann.

Steben

Maybe it's pushpull (2 in bridge) LM386 on 18V? Would be very acceptable assumption.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

Dragonfly

iirc, you can use 2 lm386's and get in the 2w range..but its early here and i'm tired, so memory may be wrong ....

the_random_hero

Quote from: Dragonfly on September 13, 2007, 07:34:53 AM
iirc, you can use 2 lm386's and get in the 2w range..but its early here and i'm tired, so memory may be wrong ....

With full gain, you can get pretty close to 1w/IC, so I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to state 2w output from two in push-pull. And who knows what the wattage output is either? We're relying on his description here  :P
Completed Projects - Modded DS1, The Stiffy, Toaster Ruby, Octobooster Mk. II, Pedal Power Supply