Who can print me some PnP?? Please??

Started by mongo, September 17, 2007, 02:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongo

t has finally happened:

the fancy printer where I used to print my PnP has CHEWED and EATEN a PnP sheet, malfunctioning and getting the whole thing stucked inside.

so, the guy that kindly handled this for me is not willing to print any more PnP for me!

Who could print me some layouts on a simple PnP sheet?? please please? pretty please? in exchange I will ship a NEW and unused Pnp Sheet plus one ore more postcards from Paris, France!  icon_biggrin

Thank you very much in advance,sorry if this is OT here but hey, this is to build some pedals! thanks again! please PM me.

Andy

GREEN FUZ

Why not bring it to some other unsuspecting printer and have it done there?

Mark Hammer

On peut utiliser n'importe quel photocopieur qui comprend la capacité de faire les transparences.  Le feuille est exactement la même chose qu'avec les transparences pour des rétroprojecteurs.  Exactement.  Le seule difference entre les deux (PnP et les transparences) est la nature du couche affiché au feuille.  Dans l'un cas (transparence) le couche est mince et invisible.  Dans l'autre cas, le couche est mince et bleu.  Les deux sont également capable de survivre les temperatures d'un photocopieur sans devenir fondu.  Si le personne est heureux de faire un copie sur un transparence, it serait heureux de faire un copie sur un feuille de PnP avec aucun problème.

markm

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 17, 2007, 02:51:36 PM
On peut utiliser n'importe quel photocopieur qui comprend la capacité de faire les transparences.  Le feuille est exactement la même chose qu'avec les transparences pour des rétroprojecteurs.  Exactement.  Le seule difference entre les deux (PnP et les transparences) est la nature du couche affiché au feuille.  Dans l'un cas (transparence) le couche est mince et invisible.  Dans l'autre cas, le couche est mince et bleu.  Les deux sont également capable de survivre les temperatures d'un photocopieur sans devenir fondu.  Si le personne est heureux de faire un copie sur un transparence, it serait heureux de faire un copie sur un feuille de PnP avec aucun problème.

Ummmm.
Yeah, what he said.
capiche?

Mark Hammer

If a photocopier can print overhead transparencies without difficulty, it can print PnP without any problem.  Copy-center employees get nervous around the stuff because they've never seen it and they're afraid it's going to melt in the machine.  I can hardly blame them; that would be a very expensive repair job.  You can assure them that it is exactly the same high-temperature acetate sheet used for overheads with a slightly different, but equally thin and temperature-resistant, coating that toner is supposed to adhere to.  It won't melt and it won't get stuck.

mongo

Copier guys are out of the question for me! I already asked several with the "transparencies" argument with no success.

I live in Paris so you have to deal with a  degree of stubborness off the charts!

this is why I'm asking here ;D

Andy.

P.S: Great French Mark!

Mark Hammer

Maybe it would be far easier to come in with a black and white print and ask them to copy it to glossy photo paper.  That WILL work for making PCBs, and I find many copy centres have glossy paper.  Just make sure it is only glossy on one side.  I have found some "photo paper" to be finished on both sides.  This is nice if you want to have stupidity-proof paper, but when you go to iron it, the finish on the unused side sticks to the iron. :icon_eek:  You can save the PnP for later, when you know someone with a laser printer.

Glossy paper does not have the same capacity for detail that PnP does, but if the board has good spacing between pads and traces, then glossy paper should be fine.  I have been able to make every one of the Tonepad boards I attempted with glossy paper, and those are often very tightly packed.

markm

axg20202

Can you not get access to a laser printer without using a print shop? I use my HP Laserjet to print diretly to PnP. It NEVER gets stuck. I usually print the image to paper first, then cut a piece of PnP to size, tape it over the printed image (taping the leading and trailing edges of the PnP only), then print the image again onto the same page via the manual feed tray. Works every time using this method as long as you don't try to use a whole PnP sheet taped to the paper (although I've printed some very large circuits using this method). Saves on PnP too.

Andy.

...just don't use gaffer tape  :icon_smile:

theundeadelvis

You should look in to the Samsung ML-1620 laser printer. It's $100-$120 and works great. I've been using one for a couple years now.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

markm

Quote from: axg20202 on September 18, 2007, 02:17:17 PM
Can you not get access to a laser printer without using a print shop? I use my HP Laserjet to print diretly to PnP. It NEVER gets stuck. I usually print the image to paper first, then cut a piece of PnP to size, tape it over the printed image (taping the leading and trailing edges of the PnP only), then print the image again onto the same page via the manual feed tray. Works every time using this method as long as you don't try to use a whole PnP sheet taped to the paper (although I've printed some very large circuits using this method). Saves on PnP too.

Andy.

...just don't use gaffer tape  :icon_smile:

Good advice Andy, this is exactly how I print transfers too!  :D

Valoosj

can someone explain to me how you use PnP?
I found the editor software, as well as the etching method, but I don't know the steps in between.

I had some guy etch me some stuff, but I want to do it myself, with this ironing method.
The transfers I gave him on paper were mirrored. Is this necessary with the ironing method? And how do you use PnP?
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

The photocopier at my local convenience store was ruined when someone ran paper through it with adhesive tape on it.
No, it wasn't me. Honest!

axg20202

Quote from: Valoosj on September 20, 2007, 05:16:51 PM
I found the editor software, as well as the etching method, but I don't know the steps in between.

I had some guy etch me some stuff, but I want to do it myself, with this ironing method.
The transfers I gave him on paper were mirrored. Is this necessary with the ironing method? And how do you use PnP?

http://www.geocities.com/pdmtr/

http://aliben.wordpress.com/2006/12/02/41/

These two links were among the first few hits when using Google (I searched for "making PCB with pnp").  Surely you are capable of doing the same search?

96ecss

Hi,
This is a great tutorial from Small Bear about how to use PnP. http://www.smallbearelec.com/HowTos/DirectPCBoards/DirectPCBoards.htm

Dave

Valoosj

Quote from: axg20202 on September 21, 2007, 07:57:26 AM

http://www.geocities.com/pdmtr/

http://aliben.wordpress.com/2006/12/02/41/

These two links were among the first few hits when using Google (I searched for "making PCB with pnp").  Surely you are capable of doing the same search?

I know it might come across as lazy, but I don't have much time at the moment, and searching for stuff, reading it and then finding out that it's not what I"m looking for is such a waste of time. I have spent hours trying to find a good SHO that is a buffer as well as a boost at the same time, and still haven't found it (just to give an example of wasted time)

I hope I will soon have more time for pedal building and posting here. Thanks for the help
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

If anyone is pushed for time, i don't think they will have much fun with pnp.
Unless they are lucky. Because some people spend quite a lot of time before they either find one of the many methods that works FOR THEM, or give up.