Searching pay back or mobius PCB

Started by benfox, September 21, 2007, 10:52:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benfox

Hi every body smurf !

I've done few experiment on a isd 1400 and think it's a nice recording stuff...
Do you know wher could i find one of those PCB (not the on GGG is selling i want to make the board myself !)

Thanxs
Sorry for my bad english !!

~arph

Ah so I'm not the only one that thinks of smurfs whenever I see the forums URL  :D

coxter

Pm me your email and i'll mail everything to you.

By the way how's the sound quality of this thing? Pristine? Or sorta close like the DD-20

The Tone God

There is AFAIK an unconfirmed PCB of Payback that tries to fit in a 1590B. You can do a search to find it. Be aware that Payback does not use the 1400 IC but the 2500 which you can still get at some places.

You could wait alittle longer and see what happens next. ;)

Andrew

benfox

coxter you got a private message
I've search around for the PCB of the payback with no luck....

The Tone God

Search criteria: Payback PCB

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=47038.0

There are also some comments on the PCB in some of the other threads.

Andrew

Dean Hazelwanter

QuoteDo you know wher could i find one of those PCB (not the on GGG is selling i want to make the board myself !)

You can make a board yourself using the confirmed layout at GGG - here: http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_mobius_trip_pcb_lo.pdf

If you do build one there is an undocumented jumper that should be added, which has been discussed here. Andrew has mentioned a few times that he hears a click after each loop. I've built a couple, but to be honest, I don't hear it. For those that have built it, does anyone else hear it?

Hope that helps!

The Tone God

I should make it clear in what situations I ran into the popping issue.

I have not tried the ISD1000 series used in the Mobius Trip. I have not tried the ISD1100s either. I lost both of them awhile back and didn't get a chance to test them. They may not have the popping issue.

The ISD1400 did have the popping issue. The only way I found to get rid of the popping was to use a transformer.

The ISD2500 series had the popping issue if you used the differential method of interfacing mentioned in one of the app notes. Using either a high impedance stage off of one speaker output or a transformer would get rid of the pop.

Andrew

Dean Hazelwanter

QuoteI have not tried the ISD1000 series used in the Mobius Trip. I have not tried the ISD1100s either. I lost both of them awhile back and didn't get a chance to test them. They may not have the popping issue.

...and yet in the following message you stated that the ISD1020, (which appears to be part of the ISD1000 series) does pop.   ???

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=56740.msg438894#msg438894

I've tested both the ISD1000 and the ISD1020 (that Small Bear carries) in the MobiusTrip, and found their operation and performance to be identical. I heard no popping with either chip.

The Tone God

Quote from: Dean Hazelwanter on September 23, 2007, 03:53:44 AM
...and yet in the following message you stated that the ISD1020, (which appears to be part of the ISD1000 series) does pop.   ???

Whoops. Typo on my part in that thread. I meant the 1420 not 1020. Sorry if that was misleading. :icon_redface: I tried the 1420 in the same configuration that the Mobius Trip uses and I had the popping issue. I also had the issue when using the high impedance buffer that I used in Payback v1.0.

Andrew

benfox

Quote from: The Tone God on September 22, 2007, 02:14:22 PM
Search criteria: Payback PCB

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=47038.0

There are also some comments on the PCB in some of the other threads.

Andrew

This PCB is weird !
THere's component on the both side ??

benfox

A silly question can i use a isd 2560 instead of a isd 1400 ? (silly question i think...)

I've a problem in my design. I use a isd 1420. I've mixed 2 schems.
I use the velleman kit k8030 and the analogic part of the mobius. It works nice but there is a problem :

When i record more than 20 sec the chip erase what i've been recording and when i flip into the play mode nothing has been recorded.
I think there is an auto stop function but it's not activated...
Any idea....

The Tone God

Quote from: benfox on September 23, 2007, 06:27:56 AM
This PCB is weird !
THere's component on the both side ??

It is an attempt to make a single sided PCB that will fit in a 1590B. With those kind of restrictions some odd things are bound to happen. I believe Payback v1.1 will help in this area.

Quote from: benfox on September 23, 2007, 06:34:02 AM
A silly question can i use a isd 2560 instead of a isd 1400 ? (silly question i think...)

I've a problem in my design. I use a isd 1420. I've mixed 2 schems.
I use the velleman kit k8030 and the analogic part of the mobius. It works nice but there is a problem :

When i record more than 20 sec the chip erase what i've been recording and when i flip into the play mode nothing has been recorded.
I think there is an auto stop function but it's not activated...

The 2500 and 1400 have different control logic so one cannot be directly substituted for the other. The audio sections also seem to be different. I am not familiar with that kit so I can't comment on what is happening. There could be a couple of reasons why what is happening.

Andrew

benfox

Thanks the tone god !
Here is the schematic of the velleman kit i use maybe it could be more clear !
As i say i use the analog part of the Mobius coming in at pin 20 on this schem and out on pins14/15

I also remove R9 R10 C10 and the MIC because they were for the Mic.

I had to remove R15 and i put a jumper instead. If i don't there is a space between loops.
I remove LD1 because without R15 it shine always even in play mode.
My problem is that if i record more than 20 sec it don't auto stop recording. I try to put ld1 back no change...the problem is with the r15 i remove...
I certainly need to replace the system that's make it repeat the loop but i don't know how !!

I hope i'm clear enough

The Tone God

Ok. Give me a few so I can dig up my datasheets and notes to figure out what is happening.

Andrew

The Tone God

Give this a shot. Lets disconnect the transistor section from the RECLED output. Reconnect LD1 and disconnect R13 so the LED is being fed by the RECLED. Try a record cycle and see if the LED turns off after the 20 seconds.

Andrew

benfox

Yes it turn off but i have no more a loop...
The playback ends at the end ofthe loop...

The Tone God

Ok, good. That means the IC is still good. Now this may get alittle complicated. Unjumper R15, disconnect R15 from T1/C7, and connect it to where you removed R13 connecting to LD1. Now R15 should be connected to the cathode of LD1. Connect the REPEAT/SK6 points.

I think that should work. Report back.

Andrew

benfox

Ok it woks as you said.
The led switch after 20sec.

But in fact the real problem could be that it didn't play the sample when i stop recording after the 20sec.

I have a switch that only switch the rec (pin 27) to ground.
Usually when i stop recording before the 20 sec the sample goes as soon as i have the switch record.
In fact to start playing i dont need to connect Play-e (pin 24) to ground as shown in the schematic
When i connect pin 24 to ground nothing happens.
WEIRD...

Thanx again for your help that's kind  of you

The Tone God

Try the PLAYL/SK5 input instead. Disconnect the SK6 from REPEAT and hook REPEAT up to PLAYL.

Andrew