Tricolor Led's

Started by Solidhex, September 25, 2007, 12:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solidhex

Anyone try them? I've seen them for sale on www.superbrightleds.com . Sounds like it would make some dual footswitch pedals a little easier to wire...

--Brad

gez

Quote from: Solidhex on September 25, 2007, 12:46:02 AM
Anyone try them? I've seen them for sale on www.superbrightleds.com . Sounds like it would make some dual footswitch pedals a little easier to wire...

--Brad

For dual channels/selection, all you need is bi-colour really.  A little logic switching and you can have one colour for one channel; the other for the second; and none for bypass.  I, personally, prefer this arrangement: having a third colour for bypass can be confusing.

The alternative to logic switching would be a couple of 3PDTs, I suppose (or at least one - depends on the circuit).
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

powerplayj

The BYOC Triboost has a PCB specifically made for this LED so that you can switch between MOSFET, LBP and Ge boosters using a rotary switch.  Just make sure to specify "common cathode" if you make a purchase.

builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???