pcb size for neovibe

Started by rhdwave, September 30, 2007, 12:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhdwave

I am finally beginning my neovibe journey.  I've been reading about this for some time, and am in the process of checking my stock, gathering the missing parts etc.  My question is about the actual size of the pcb.  On the schematic from GGG, there is a there is a pic of the toner transfer gif which says actual size of transfer, however i've noticed on a different schematic that it gives the dimensions as 4.125" by 2.55" and on the actual pcb which GGG sells, it is in cm which i think turns out on conversion to be slightly larger than the inches ratio i just mentioned.  Am i correct in assuming that the actual size details are not so important and i can suit to fit my needs? This is the first pcb i will be etching, so i am kind of new at this.  Everything else has been stripboard with me.

Thanks for any responses!

John Lyons

Howdy
Use the info from GEO as it's updated and correct. GGG has a problem or two in the layout as far as I've found (unless it's been fixed recently)
The "actual size" of the GEO layout PCB will print correctly if you print if straight from the PDF image (100%).
I'm not sure about the exact size...

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

alfafalfa

Mine is R.G Keen 's layout :  5 by 3 .25 inch.

Alf

Dave_B

This is probably obvious but, for those who need the plastic film canister, your local One-Hour Photo place probably has a box of them under the counter.  When I asked for a some, they gave be a bag full (with caps). 

A lot of them are that weird oval-shaped 27mm format, but most were 35mm.
Help build our Wiki!

rhdwave

okay, thanks everybody...i am embarking...

rhdwave

okay, sorry does anyone have a link to that pdf file? when i go directly to the geo and look under schematics, the links appear to be broken, and when i go to the wiki here, under pedal specific info, and go to neovibe, the link sends me to GGG.  Thanks again for any help!!!

Dave_B

Quote from: rhdwave on October 01, 2007, 12:31:43 PM
okay, sorry does anyone have a link to that pdf file? when i go directly to the geo and look under schematics, the links appear to be broken, and when i go to the wiki here, under pedal specific info, and go to neovibe, the link sends me to GGG.  Thanks again for any help!!!
I just tried the links and both worked for me.  There's a broken font, but clicking "ok" got me around it.
Maybe give it another shot? 
Help build our Wiki!

rhdwave

which links did u try? from the wiki here or from geo site?

Dave_B

Help build our Wiki!

rhdwave

Thanks Dave! So, just print out the pcb layout from the first link and go from there? I will do this    muchas gracias!!!

Dave_B

You're welcome.   :)  Do a sanity check before etching, though.  Make sure, for example that the pin spacing on the 7815 is correct.  Also, make sure the text is reversed. 
Help build our Wiki!

rhdwave

Hey Alfalfa, what are those pins you're using there to attach the wires to?

alfafalfa

I buy them at my local electronics store over here in the Netherlands.

Alf

lowstar

i use these (sometimes) which are even easier to work with:

the pic is just for illustration though, mine are thinner (more rectangular) at the top and have no hole at the bottom end, but you get what i mean, right ?

cheers,
lowstar
effects built counter: stopped counting at 100

BILLYL

John-
You mentioned "GGG has a problem or two in the layout as far as I've found (unless it's been fixed recently)"

I am planning to build this project and was planning on ordering the board from JD.  Do you know what was the problem you found?

Thanks

Bill Lawrence

rhdwave

Those look cool Lowstar,

where do you get em?