TDA7375 circuits??

Started by snoof, October 04, 2007, 06:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoof

I looked in the data sheet, but the examples all use multiple speakers, I'm trying to find a crkt for a subwoofer amp.  Any body know where I can find such a thing??

Nasse

http://www.elektor.com/magazines/2003/february/active-loudspeaker-system-(2).55012.lynkx

Dunno if 7375 works for this project, but anyway they used two speakers in one box. Another way doing it might be using a sub speaker with double voice coil...
  • SUPPORTER

snoof

thanks for the link.  the 7375 has multiple outputs, so I may just have to bag this idea unless I can figure out if the chip can handle it's other 3 outputs unconnected.  I couldn't gather this info from the datasheet...

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Looking at the data sheet, I'm 99.9% sure it would be OK to leave those spare outputs floating. I would ground the corresponding inputs, though.
And I would note what it says at the end of the data sheet about the ground wiring.
I would use just one half of the "double bridge" configuration, for mono.

Edited to say, that with quiescent (no signal) current draw of 75mA at 9 V supply, the TDA7375 isn't suitable for a battery power stompbox. In fact I'm surprised California hasn't legislated against this chip...

snoof

hah!  that sucker pulls some current!  This wouldn't be a batt circuit, it'll be wallwart, so thats not an issue.  thanks for the info, i'll give it a try and see what happens...