anyone heard of this pedal?

Started by 9 volts, October 09, 2007, 06:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9 volts

wem rush pep.......I was just reading about it and am wondering if anyone knows what it is? (beatles used it)

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Googled & got this:
"Was reading an interview with Pete Townshend about his recording techniques/philosophy over the years in the August 2007 issue of EQ and ran across this little section which might be helpful. Don't have a scanner so I'll just have to type this verbatim (it's a bit long, but I thought you might enjoy it):
"What helped me make a huge jump was meeting Pepy Rush in SoHo -- he lived around the corner to me. He was building pro-quality transformer balanced equipment for various people. He had been employed by the notorious 'Magic Alex' of Apple fame at one time to do designs, and he still has the design for what he says was the very first fuzz box he made for John Lennon -- though the first I ever saw was the one Jimmy Page used on 'Bald Headed Woman,' the B-side of the Who's first single 'Can't Explain.' "

I suspect - though can't prove - that it was a knockoff or derivative of the FZ-1.