Shaka 5 PCB Layout

Started by stumper1, October 14, 2007, 01:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumper1

Here's a layout for the Shaka 5.  Not really my work - I just redrew Jack Orman's excellent layout to fit in a "b" sized box.  It's an easy fit in the box and still lot's of wiggle room for the components.  Sounds great so far - still haven't really had a chance to turn it up :(.  The layout is verified but if anyone sees any issues or has suggestions PLEASE let me know. 8) 

Big thanks to Aron and Jack (and all others who contributed to this design). 8) Also, thanks to Bancika for the software!!!!
Deric®

96ecss

Hi,

I have a layout for the Shaka 5 too but I completely changed it around from Jack's layout. I have all the off board wiring at the top of the pcb. Mine will fit in a 1590BB and it is verified but I haven't posted it yet because I'm working on changing some spacing around to make it better. It does sound really good though.

Your layout looks good, nice work.

Dave

bancika

Looks great man, thanks for using my software  :icon_wink:
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

mat

Really clean build, looks great ! I also just complited Shaka 5 build with BS170's on the clipping section. It is not working right - have to troubleshoot it when I get the time. Overdrive is kind of barking and shrill when digging in with a more pressure on the pick.

What mosfets did You use on Your build and where did You buy those capasitors ? Are they Xicon ?

Any chanse for a sound clip  :icon_redface:

Thanks, Mat

stumper1

Thanks guys.  I used IRF520 mosfets.  The caps are Panasonics from Digikey.
Deric®