I want a tiny big muff tone in a tiny tiny circuit

Started by stopstopsmile, October 16, 2007, 05:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopstopsmile

im thinking total muse and never was a fan of the fuzzfactory

but I would love to build a killer sounding muff,  for some music pumpkins tone

but I want it to be a small vero or perf layout so I can fit it into a guitar, I have a bunch of circuits I am putting into the guitar.

I don't care if its a 100% accurate muff, just as long as it gets the tone, and I can find the parts to make it.

I have seen versions of the rat and tubescreamer that get the tone and even sound better but are completely modified and more simplistic versions

any simplified tight layed out versions of the muff?

aron

If you look at a muff, there's a bunch of components. I'm not saying it won't fit into a guitar, but you have to really squash things and stand things up on end.

stopstopsmile

I agree its impossible as is, thats why I am asking.  I am thinking that there might be a sound alike, or a simplified version thats floating out there somewhere. 

but your right aron, its not gonna happen unless there is a good idea floating around out there.

oldrocker

Maybe a slightly modified Whisker Biscuit might fit.

MartyMart

AMZ "MuffMaster" or the "Muff fuzz" at GGG  :D
They'll get you that tone and are both V small ......
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Gila_Crisis

i've done a vero layout for the opamp version of the big muff. and it's preatty small (fits in a mxr box, about 4.5cmX4.5cm)
just search in the forum

trevize

+1 for the bazz fuss, tried with an old germanium high hfe npn transistor. wolly muff! definitely no need for a tone control!

http://home-wrecker.com/bazz.html

stopstopsmile

im going to try out this bazz fuzz.  any other mods that can be done to it?

ambulancevoice

Quote from: stopstopsmile on October 17, 2007, 08:11:46 AM
im going to try out this bazz fuzz.  any other mods that can be done to it?

gain pot can be added easily
try different diode combinations/types

Quote from: trevize on October 17, 2007, 03:41:00 AM
+1 for the bazz fuss, tried with an old germanium high hfe npn transistor. wolly muff! definitely no need for a tone control!

http://home-wrecker.com/bazz.html

what diode(s)?
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money