menatone red snapper and blue collar

Started by stopstopsmile, October 17, 2007, 08:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopstopsmile

whats the difference between the two, are they essentially the same pedal?  I am getting in a red snapper I am thinking of making a mod to toggle between the red and blue collar if it can be done. 

DougH

IIRC the Blue Collar is one of his amp sim circuits (maybe a jtm45???). The Red Snapper is yet another op amp overdrive.
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

stopstopsmile

hey doug, i think you are thinking of his workingmans blues.  From what I have seen the red snapper and the blue collar are the same but the blue collar is modded for gain.  I could be wrong. 

DougH

"workingman", "blue collar", sigh... I guess I get all this homespun good ol' boy stuff mixed up...

JHS

All versions of the Snapper are nearly identical with the old Clark Gainster but the used caps in the Snapper are real cheap.
The Blue Collar has the front end from the Snapper and the back from the AMZ SoS.
IC on both is a KIA 4558 (some older Snapper have a JRC 072BD like the Gainster).
Rs are 5% 0,5W carbon film or CC, hard to tell without distroying one for an analysis, both types have the same look.

JHS

stopstopsmile

ok so it sounds like the converting with a switch redsnapper to blue collar is out :(  oh well ... boy that sos has alot of mileage. 

DougH

As an aside, I just breadboarded a Gainster and it is a really nice overdrive. I'm going to have to build this...