To all DIY Layout Creator users

Started by bancika, October 17, 2007, 10:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

Hi guys,
Just wanted to let you know (in case you don't follow the main thread): layout gallery on my site had major reorganization. Instead of manually making HTML page and changing it for every new layout I made it work from the database. This opened door for many new features. So far, I've added "smart" filtering (you can search by effect name, effect type, board type and author) and rating system (you can give thumbs up or thumbs down for any layout). Filtering was really a must, we have over 270 layouts there and was starting to be hard to find what you're looking fore. Any ideas or comments are welcome, I'd really like to know what would users (you) like to see there.

Also, I'd like to encourage anyone who hasn't submitted his/her layout (and doesn't mind doing so) to submit it and share with other users. The point of having gallery in original .DIY format is to let users modify further existing layouts and come up with something cool. Also, it should be easy to find them because program itself is linked to the gallery. Next version will probably have better integration with site so you can search and load files directly from the program.

By the way, here's the address of the gallery (you can use link in program also) http://www.storm-software.co.yu/diy/index.php?project=layouts

Thanks to all who use this piece of software!

Cheers,
Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

~arph

Great news!

How is the new version coming together? any hints on new features?
Plus if coding help is needed I will be happy to help out.

Regards,

Arnoud

bancika

Hi,
still no time to do new version :(. I have only small "holes" of free time and playing with php and site is easy enough to fill them.
Regards,
Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here