News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

EBS Bass IQ

Started by rasco22862, October 25, 2007, 06:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasco22862

Hi, is there any schematic of this project? I used the search function, but i found nothing. If there isn´t, what envelope filter do you recommend for a bass. (Not a guitar project with bass mods)

Thanks!

lowstar

no schematic for this stomper to my knowledge. lotsa smd stuff on their pcb´s.
but there are some projects that are wonderful in this field, especially for bass.

• meatball - the king of all envelope filters. one of the most rewarding and useful stompers i´ve built.
  • mutron - also great, but much smaller footprint. not so versatile, but therefor easier to handle in live situations.

cheers,
lowstar
effects built counter: stopped counting at 100

rasco22862

Quote from: lowstar on October 26, 2007, 09:37:57 AM
no schematic for this stomper to my knowledge. lotsa smd stuff on their pcb´s.
but there are some projects that are wonderful in this field, especially for bass.

• meatball - the king of all envelope filters. one of the most rewarding and useful stompers i´ve built.
  • mutron - also great, but much smaller footprint. not so versatile, but therefor easier to handle in live situations.

cheers,
lowstar
can i use it with a bass? and can i build it with CLM6000?

MarcoMike

I hope so...  :-\
well, I'm pretty sure the Meatball is gonna work just fine with both bass and guitar. It also has a 1/2 "function" which should help when playng low notes.... and the Blend pot is really usefull when "envelope-filtering" bass guitar!

I'll tell you in few weeks, when/if I find the time to finish it...

At present I use a DOD FX25b, it's quite nice with bass, not enough tweakable to be used seriously with guitar. you can find a project for the DOD FX25 on ZeroTheHero's website (http://topopiccione.atspace.com/) but I strongly suggest you to add a blend function to it.
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

rasco22862

so can i use a CLM6000 or another one from clairex??

Mark Hammer

Quote from: MarcoMike on October 26, 2007, 12:46:49 PM
At present I use a DOD FX25b, it's quite nice with bass, not enough tweakable to be used seriously with guitar. you can find a project for the DOD FX25 on ZeroTheHero's website (http://topopiccione.atspace.com/) but I strongly suggest you to add a blend function to it.
1) You can adjust the range downwards to be more appropriate for bass by increasing the value of C9 and C10. Anything between .015yf ans .022uf would be useful improvement.
2) There are several different versions of the FX25, one of which actually incorporates a blend control: http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Filters%20Wahs%20and%20VCFs/DOD%20FX25B.gif

MarcoMike

Exactly! that's the one I own.

Anyway, that's just a "30 euro" pedal.... if you are going the DIY way, why don't you aim higher and make a mutron or something like that? only switch, jacks and pots will cost you haf the price!

well...what I mean is not about the money (I just made an LPB2, which is around the same price as the FX25 at the shop, with probably better finish and reliability than mine...)

I mean that Mutron and Meatball are symbols, the FX25 is not.
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.