Small Stone Vibrato Switch Stereo/Mono

Started by Jamforthelamb, November 01, 2007, 11:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetdog

It looks like on mine R23 is 30K carrying the dry signal and R24 is 27K carrying the wet.  That said, I haven't tried breaking R23 yet.

kismet78

Quote from: Fleetdog on November 09, 2007, 06:50:03 PM
It looks like on mine R23 is 30K carrying the dry signal and R24 is 27K carrying the wet.  That said, I haven't tried breaking R23 yet.

I'll go try it right now.

kismet78

Quote from: Fleetdog on November 09, 2007, 06:50:03 PM

Alright Fleetdog! You were right, it is R23. This is really cool sounding mod. The straight vibrato is awesome. Thanks everybody!

Would replacing R24 (wet signal) with a pot be like a mix/depth control? What value?

Fleetdog

Well, I made the mod on Saturday morning.  I've tried it a few times.  I just don't really like it.  I've never used another vibrato pedal before so I'm not sure if this is what they are supposed to sound like or not.  My problem is this: in the regular phaser mode, the effect sounds like a constant and even change in tone throughout the effect's cycle; in vibrato mode, it sounds like the pedal does nothing for most of the cycle then all of a sudden there is a very abrupt change then back to normal.  Does the cap switch to univibe-like values even this out a little bit or does that do something different all together?