finding TL070's

Started by stopstopsmile, November 03, 2007, 12:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopstopsmile

I know small bear has them but where else can I find these?  I want a bunch of them and just think $2.50 is a bit much for these.  I know it but I want 20 of them.  There has to be a cheaper place to find these. 

smallbearelec

If you do a Google search on the part number, you'll get back lots of listings of brokers and dealers. Some may actually have the part on their shelves; many others will tell you that it is "available," meaning that they'll make calls and locate it for you. But this kind of service invariably doesn't come cheap; minimum orders of at least $100.00, and often more, are normal. Then you have to add in the time that you spend dickering, shipping costs, and the risk that what you get might not be what it's cracked up to be. I speak from fairly long personal experience with all of these issues.

Actually, I'm not looking to discourage you, if what if you want is to do a small run of pedals (perhaps RAT/Rodent clones?) using that chip. I'm pointing out that to get the quantity you want at a price that makes your project feasible, you might have to invest some time, and maybe initially more money than you would like. But if you wind up buying more of the chips than you need for your job, you can probably unload the rest, either to the residents here, or on E-Bay. Or e-mail me...Obviously, I do buy obsoletes, and I may be able to help if you get your lot cheaply enough.

Good luck, and of course let me know if SBE can supply any of the other bits and pieces.

Regards
SD