small bear battery drawer

Started by marc, November 05, 2007, 01:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc

has anyone used one of these? from the image, it looks like you could cut a rectangular opening in a box and install this with 2 nuts/bolts. i'm not sure if it's designed to be installed inside a box or if it can be installed so as to be accessible from the outside- eliminating the 4 screw-removal to change a battery.

here's the link to the small bear utem:
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=137

thanks very much,
marc.

Papa_lazerous

I have used them before, but I wont use them anymore I find them very limiting as they use a fair amount of space, think normally you can fit your 3pdt in the usual space and have the battary sitting in the gap between that and the edge of the box and have the rest of the enclosure for pcb and pots and jacks but if you use the abttery box you need to mount that on the other side of the 3pdt and that seriously eats into space you may need.

smallbearelec

Quote from: marc on November 05, 2007, 01:37:57 PM
from the image, it looks like you could cut a rectangular opening in a box and install this with 2 nuts/bolts. i'm not sure...if it can be installed so as to be accessible from the outside- eliminating the 4 screw-removal to change a battery.

That is exactly the idea. It is too tall to fit a BB, but it will readily fit a 125-B, C, or 1790NS enclosure:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=567

Regards
SD

strangerock

marc

thanks steve.

has anyone else used one of these? looks like a great solution for me- i'm not too thrilled with the enclosure opening/closing paradigm when changing batteries.

bside2234

I've used one before. I had to use a bigger enclosure to make everything fit though.  It is nice to be able to put your battery in without unscrewing the bottom especially at shows.  Try one! It's not the end of the world!

bent

i really love them...

cause i never use small box, i'm always using bigger box so i have plenty of place to work...

very easy to change the battery...

Cornish use the exact same battery drawer  :icon_wink:

bent
Long live the music.....